I’m seriously behind the times when it comes to popular Netflix shows and well, blogging kind of fell off the wagon in 2019. I was too busy reading 69 books. In 2018 I managed to read 52 books exactly and I didn’t expect I could ever read more than that in a year.
I think I said this in last year’s book post but,
Hi, my name is Becky and I’m a book nerd.
That said, here are some of my favourite books and strong recommends from the past year as well as what I’m looking forward to being released in 2020. There seems to be a bit of a theme in 2019, romance. While there’s no romance in my personal life, I was definitely soaking up all the rom com reading. Don’t worry, there are some other genres in there too.
Stay up to date with what I’m reading over on IG (@thebexfactor), as I’m always sharing what I’m reading under the Bex Reads highlights (I made one specific for 2020 this year).
In no particular order:
- The Testaments, Margaret Atwood – the long awaited follow up to The Handmaid’s Tale
- The One and Only Ivan, Katherine Applegate – this is actually a middle grade book that I read with Liam and we both really loved the story. I look forward to reading more books like this with him.
- More Than Words, Jill Santopolo
- Things You Save in a Fire, Katherine Center
- The Life She Was Given, Ellen Marie Wiseman
- The Wedding Date series, Jasmine Guillory
- The Unhoneymooners – Christina Lauren – This was honestly my top summer read. It was light hearted and laugh out loud funny.
- Where the Crawdads Sing, Delia Owen – Worth all of the hype, in my opinion. I thought it was so beautifully written and I was absolutely enthralled with the story.
- Red, White and Royal Blue , Casey McQuiston
- This Is How It Always Is, Laurie Frankel
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, Suzanne Collins – a prequel to the Hunger Games series!!
- You Are Not Alone, Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkam – I read Greer’s previous two novels last year and really enjoyed them both!
- The Two Lives of Lydia Bird, Josie Silver
- The Honey-Don’t List, Christina Lauren – I hope it’s as good as The Unhoneymooners!
- The One and Only Bob, Katherine Applegate – the sequel to The One and Only Ivan. I’m really looking forward to reading this one with Liam
- The Heir Affair, Heather Cocks – this is the follow up to The Royal We, which if you’ve not read that, YOU MUST!
- Party of Two, Jasmine Guillory – because this serious is just so great
- Recipe For a Perfect Wife, Karma Brown – this is a strong recommend from my favourite author, Taylor Jenkins Reid
- F*ck Your Diet and Other Things My Thighs Tell Me, Chloe Hilliard – 2019 was the year I said goodbye for good to diet culture and worrying about food and weight and this seems like a great read of the same narrative
- Malibu Burning, Taylor Jenkins Reid – there is actually no release date for this yet but TJR can do no wrong so I’m really hoping for it’s release sooner than later!
Tell me: What was one of the best books you read in 2019 and what are you looking forward to reading in 2020?Ben White