Summer is here and whether you’re heading off on vacation or kicking it around home, summer is the perfect time to grab a cold drink, put your feet up and dive into a good book.
Here are a few books to add to your reading list. Some I’ve read already and others I’m still waiting to dig into.
- Ask Again, Yes* – this is not your light and fluffy summer read, but a family drama battling everything from tragedy, love, alcoholism, mental illness and friendship.
- Mrs. Everything* – a story of two sisters growing up and trying to find their places in the world. Fantastically written and definitely worth putting in your TBR pile.
- Naturally Tan – If you love Queer Eye, you should probably give this a read and if you’re anything like me, you’ll read it with Tan’s voice in your head.
- Ayesha at Last – this is a contender for Red Deer Reads, through my local library. I can’t wait to read it!
- The Last House Guest* – if you love a good thriller, you definitely need to add this to your pile. It was a quick and easy read that kept you on your toes.
- Red, White & Royal Blue – I have not read this one yet but it was a recommendation from author Taylor Jenkins Reid, who always has the best book recs.
- Life Will Be the Death of Me – the latest from Chelsea Handler. While I don’t love her TV shows, her books have always been hilarious. I’m excited to dig into this one.
- Dear Wife** – I hate the comparison to Girl on the Train or Gone Girl, BUT, if you loved Gone Girl, you will also love Dear Wife. It would also make a great movie, if you ask me.
Let’s hear what you’re adding to your summer reading list this year!
*I was provided an advanced copy of this book from Simon & Schuster, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.
** I was provided an advanced copy of this book from HarperCollins, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.