Happy New Year gang! I hope you had a fun and festive New Years Eve with loved ones. I hosted a beer tasting party with a few friends and kiddos. I loved the low key night, eating some amazing food, sampling new beers and playing games. It was even more special having Liam with me for the first time in a few years. He stayed up until midnight to join us for a champagne (ginger ale for him) toast and midnight kiss.
This past year seemed a lot quieter than previous years while we settled into our new home. I found myself spending more weekends just hanging out, working on little projects around home instead of filling our weekends with activities. I’m definitely craving some more adventures in 2019. For the first time in a few years, I had absolutely no races on the docket. Well, that’s not entirely true. I registered for the Lululemon 10k in Edmonton, but didn’t end up going because I just didn’t make training a priority. I kind of miss races, but I still have zero motivation to run so we’ll see if any races make it into the books for 2019.
Here are a few highlights of the year:
- Winter adventure to Abraham Lake
- seeing The White Buffalo, Halsey, AFI/Rise Against, and Rural Alberta Advantage
- Donated blood for the first time.
- Spent a weekend in Jasper
- Took Liam to see Cirque on Ice
- Hiked Lake Agnes/Beehive with some badass ladies
- Spent a weekend camping and hiking with Liam and some friends
- Went to Waterton for a weekend with my bestie – our first trip just the two of us!
- Presented at Social Media Breakfast Lacombe
- Hit up an Oilers/VGK game
- Hosted our last Social Media Breakfast Red Deer
- Had a great first year teaching Pound with weekly classes, starting instructing through the City, teaching youth groups, getting certified in Generation Pound, teaching a girls Dove summer camp and some private classes!
- Liam started Grade 1
- Turned 32
- Liam turned six
I’m not sure what the new year holds or what I want to accomplish yet, but I’m hoping it’s a fantastic year full of love, adventure, and lots and lots of Pound classes!