As it has the last couple years, my birthday has snuck up on me once again. I know as most people get older, they start to dread their birthdays, but I’m always grateful for another year. This year I actually have plans to celebrate (to make up for the lack of party the last few), with some friends and a few breweries. The time with friends is what I’m looking forward to most, but as per tradition, I’ve curated a little wish list. A girl never stops dreaming.
- All the Poppy Barley things – every year you can find an item or two from PB on my wishlist. This year I’m adding the Hobo Tote (because I need a new purse), The Backpack (for outings with the kiddo), the Yonge Pump in Black (to replace my ratty Target pumps for work), and
- A Tofino Towel for a throw on my new couch
- New pillows – preferably from the Le Germain collection at Simons – the Le Germain bedding collection is a repeat wishlist item, but after dealing with a neck injury for a solid three weeks (with it still not 100%), I am keen on new, comfy pillows. You know, let’s just make it a whole entire new mattress and Le Germain bedding set while we’re dreaming, ok?
- Subscription to Headspace – because stress and anxiety have really been getting to me lately and I could use all the help I can get. Apparently there is a lifetime membership option…
- A family photo session – I’ve usually done photos every year with Liam, but with moving and everything last year, it didn’t happen. I’d really like to do an in-home session to capture life in our new house. And then I really need some floating shelves and white frames to display photos in my living room
- Someone to cook – I’m so over thinking of and cooking healthy and delicious food. Over it.
- Vacation – because I’m about 6 years overdue for one.
- Ultimate basement reno – Our new place has a finished basement, but it was done pretty terribly. I’d like to make it a space where Liam loves to go and play by himself, where I can workout and make the bedroom more functional for guests (there’s no closet). But you know, that all costs money so I’d just like it to happen magically.
Tell me: What would be on your ultimate wish list, big or small?