Hey friends! How’s your summer going so far? We’ve been flying by the seat of our pants this summer, with no real plans. It’s a mix of chill times at home and spur of the moment adventures. We are really enjoying our new house this summer and being able to hang out in the backyard until way past bedtime (mostly Liam).
It’s been awhile since I’ve checked in with one of these posts. Did you miss them?
- My friends at Skoah Red Deer are offering $50 facial certificates for my lovely readers to be used on any service before July 31. So, you’ll probably want to head over here to claim yours and then go book yourself a facial ASAP. You won’t regret it. Just in case you need more convincing, check out my post about Skoah here.
- The Toasted Marshmallow Porter from Undercurrent Brewing in Sylvan Lake. It’s no surprise that I’m a big craft beer fan, but I’m loving that breweries are family friendly and make a great afternoon stop with friends and kiddos. This porter was out of this world good plus the kids had a blast playing games, eating snacks and sipping on sodas and kombuchas. Can’t wait to go back!
- My girlfriend has a little side hustle making jewelry over at Boho Rio Designs. I saw her post a cute little mountain necklace on Instagram and snagged it so fast. She’s super great at doing custom designs for great prices too so definitely check her out.
- America’s Got Talent – I never used to be a big TV person but I’ve been pretty obsessed with this show the last couple years. Is it just me or can anyone else not make it through an episode without tearing up? The kids always get me, they’re all so cute and unbelievably talented! Also, Queer Eye. I still have to watch the second half of season two but you can’t not love those boys. I just want them all to be my friend. And for Antoni to not be gay because, yum.
- When Life Gives You Lululemon’s – ’tis the season for easy summer reads. This was the perfect fluff book to throw in your beach bag or to take a random day off work and relax in your backyard with a glass of Meadjito like I did last week.
- New Clif Bar nut butter filled bars flavours! These are my favourite hiking snacks and I’m so excited about the new flavours. Huge thanks to Clif Bar for letting me sample some new flavours as well as the cute adventure gear.
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer from Beautycounter – I got this a couple shades darker for summertime to accommodate my tan give me an added boost of moisturizer since my skin has been so dry from the sun. It’s also got SPF in it, is toxin free and is doesn’t feel heavy like a foundation would. Highly recommend.
- Color With Me Mom colouring book – our evenings are always so busy, coming home from work to cook supper, clean up supper, tidy up, bath time, story time, etc. I decided to try to implement a few minutes a day of arts and crafts time to get a little more one on one time with Liam and encourage him to talk about his day while he’s working on something. A friend recommended and then gifted me with this book, where you colour alongside your child and it’s been great. Every day after supper we sit down for ‘colour time’ for 10-30 minutes. Liam looks forward to it every night and let me tell you, it’s not a good scene when we don’t fit it into our evenings now. Definitely, recommend. There’s a book for drawing with dads and colouring with grandma’s too, although really, anyone can do them. I think I might pick up the drawing one next.
That’s all I’ve got today. Let’s hear it from you.