Every year around this time the gift guides start popping up like crazy. While those gift guides are great (despite being one big advertisement), I like to curate a little list of things I’d actually like to receive for Mother’s Day. It’s just a fun way to dream big but in reality, all I want is some lovin’ from the little man that made me a mama in the first place.
So, if I could have anything?
- Getting my car detailed – there are crumbs everywhere, mystery spills, broken crayons, lost toys, weird smells and of course shoe prints on almost every surface. Gone are the days of having a perfectly clean vehicle and after five years of carting around a small human, my car could desperately use a deep clean.
- A backyard oasis – now that we’ve moved from condo life to actual house life with a yard, I want to create the perfect space for both of us to hang out. Currently, my deck is the size of a postage stamp and not conducive for dining and lounging in the sun. Ideally, I’d just like to wake up and have the perfect outdoor space, because I don’t even know where to start to make it happen myself.
- The ultimate play room that magically stays clean – right now our basement playroom is a disaster room. While I have shelves and baskets and boxes neatly organized, it lasts about 2.5 seconds until everything is everywhere and I can’t access my workout space, the spare bedroom or the bathroom without stepping on a minefield of toys. I want a lust worthy Pinterest playroom that is always clean.
- A mama playdate where we can actually have a full conversation – because we all know how hard it is to actually catch up with friends without being interrupted 18 million times. I guess this playdate shouldn’t actually involve kids. And should probably involve wine.
- A fridge that’s always stocked with prepped meals – meals that I haven’t had to grocery shop for, meals that I haven’t had to prepare, because the last thing I want to do is spend my life cooking. I’d rather be outside enjoying that epic backyard. I’d even settle for Hello Fresh pronto meals on the daily, since they’re easy enough to throw together (not sponsored, just saying).
Over to you mama’s, what is on your ultimate Mother’s Day wish list?