What’s up gang? How was the weekend? My plans fell through due to weather, but I’m making the most of it. I’m trying not to let this endless winter get to me by drinking summer beers and firing up the BBQ.
- First and foremost, my blog redesign. Huge shout out to Twittem for taking my vague thoughts and running with them. He’s but a lot of time and thought into helping me rebrand and I couldn’t be more thankful. I love the simple, clean look. I’ve spent some time updating my About Me page and updating the menu so take a look around and let me know what you think. There is still more work to be done, like a full page dedicated to Pound that I’m really excited and anxious to get up there in the next week or so.
- Is anyone out there caught up on Suits? I have been dying for someone to talk to about the most recent episode but no one I know is watching this season right now. Seriously, if you’ve watched it, lets talk about how emotional the last five minutes of that episode was, ok?
- My new Chelsea boots from Poppy Barley. This is my third splurge from Poppy Barley and I have absolutely zero regrets. My foray into ethical fashion began with Poppy Barley, realizing how much I could benefit from investing in quality, ethically made pieces. The flats and heeled boots I already own have gotten so much use over the past few years and are always the shoes I reach to first. My Chelsea’s have been a great addition to the family and I wear them at every opportunity.
- Speaking of shoes, Under Armor sent over a couple pairs of their new Hovr shoes. Just in time for me to start running again since I registered for the Lululemon 10k in Edmonton this summer.
- Lady Gaga Talks Peace With Dalai Lama
- The fact that I successfully donated blood for the first time without incident. Some think I’m just being a drama queen when I talk about my concerns when it comes to blood donation. In high school I passed out after receiving a tetanus vaccine and got a concussion. From then on I haven’t been able to successfully get routine blood work done without passing out, in fact I once fainted in the chair and slid like a wet noodle onto the floor with the needle stuck in my arm. I’ve also fainted at the sight of my own blood. After the Humbolt tragedies last week, I knew that the time was now to get my butt in that chair and face my fears. And I somehow not only survived, I rocked it. I’m super happy that I was able to donate without incident and definitely plan to be a regular at the donor clinic from now on.
- A Fan Thought Drew Barrymore Was Pregnant – And Her Response Was Perfect
- It’s Official – Drummers Are Smarter Than You (And Everybody Else) – Pound makes me a legit drummer, right?
- I mentioned drinking summer beer and ignoring the fact that we’re expected to get more snow this week. Well, you need to go find yourself the Phillips White Peach Ale. It’s perfection in a can. I discovered it at the Alberta Food & Beverage Expo here in town last weekend. It was definitely a fun night out even if I wasn’t the most functional human the next time.
- Beautycounter makeup wipes – they are a godsend. Mostly because I’m lazy AF and have a hard time forcing myself to actually wash my face. Now I can just quickly wipe my makeup off before I crawl into bed and call it good. Bonus: they are compostable.
- A Quiet Place – I haven’t seen a lot of adult movies lately but this one is so so so good. It’s not scary so much as incredibly stressful, so much suspence. At first I thought it was going to end up being a rip off of Bird Box, an amazing horror book that I read a couple years ago and is set to be released in theatres this December. I’m not sure how much comparison there will be between them both after seeing A Quiet Place. Definitely grab a date and go see it.
- I’ve recently been told that I’m intimidating because of my views on certain topics like ethics and feminism. Which is great. I’m glad that my views are causing people to think about the things they say and do first. I love that. So, I’m going to leave you with a little nugget that I came across the other day. What if instead of trying to smash the patriarchy, we focus on empowering the matriarchy. Think about that one for awhile.
Tell me, what are you loving lately?
Any good books I need to read, movies to see, tell me all the things!