It’s been a hot minute since I’ve done a What I’m Loving post. Or really any posts. I’ve definitely lost some of my blogging mojo and have had many days in the past few weeks when I’ve felt like throwing in the towel.
A little bit of a rebrand is in the works though so I’m hoping a fresh new look will inspire me to create some better content for you guys. That is, if anyone is still around reading? If there’s anything you’d like to see, changed, topics you’d like, please let me know. I’m open to any and all feedback.
- First and foremost, I’m absolutely loving teaching Pound. I’ve been teaching every other week at a studio that I connected with through my Where to Workout series plus some private classes and I’ve been having a blast seeing all the new faces come and check it out. I’m actually shocked when a class fills up and even more so when there is a waitlist! I’m still not sure if I’m ready to teach weekly or where I would since there are actually a ton of Pound instructors here, but regardless, it’s been an amazing journey so far. If you’re interested in coming to a class, all my upcoming classes are over there on the side bar —>
- To balance out the Pound I’ve been loving Famoso pizza. Liam and I have ended up eating it three weekends in a row by chance. Last week, a friend nominated me for a Random Act of Pizza, where our local restaurant was giving away pizzas so Liam was pretty stoked when I brought him home a giant pizza for our weekly movie night.
- James Bay dropped his new single last week. It’s different, but I dig it.
- 10 Books We Can’t Wait to Read in 2018 – Which ones are you adding to your TBR pile? Still Me is next on my pile and I’ll be patiently awaiting the Sophie Kinsella release as well as for my library to get The Immortalists in real book form (it’s only ebook and I just can’t do ebooks). Any other books on your radar this year?
- Speaking of books, Brie and I started a bookclub on Instagram. In case you missed it, at the start of each month Brie and I will both choose a book and you’ll get to vote on what you think we should read next (this month’s read is Present Over Perfect). At the end of the month, we’ll both post on our IG pages with our thoughts and hope you’ll all join in with yours too.
- The best book I’ve read this year has got to be Fierce Kingdom or A Woman in the Window. Both page turners where you can’t put the book down until you find out what happened. The downside to Fierce Kingdom is that it does not have a neat and tidy ending. There are so many things unanswered! What’s the best book you’ve read lately?
- The Most Powerful Response When Your Child Is Inconsolable – I went through a really rough time with Liam for a couple months leading up to Christmas when this could have been nice to try. Definitely keeping it in my back pocket.
- Can Food Freedom and Fitness Goals Coexist? I’ve wanted to write something similar to this. I’ve been seeing a lot of food freedom/intuitive eating posts lately, which is great. I love it a lot more than the diet culture that just needs to go away. However, I think for many people, myself included, having total freedom leads to weight gain. I absolutely think it’s ok to live somewhere in the middle. For me, macro tracking works the best in maintaining but when I let myself eat ‘intuitively’, I gravitate towards more carbs, more beer, and the pounds start adding up.
- Glow juice, winter running shoes and sassy welcome mats.
- In case you missed it, 5 Classes to Make Fitness Fun
Tell me, what are you loving lately?!