Have you ever found yourself losing motivation to go out for your run or hit the gym for yet another leg day? Or maybe the gym thing just isn’t your jam. Sometimes you need to shake things up and try something new.
Here are five classes to make fitness fun again while still getting a killer workout. Bonus: I’ve linked to where you can find most of these classes locally.
- Spin – with dark rooms, loud music and disco balls, a spin class kind of feels like a party. This is a great option if you’re looking for something with a little less impact or to cross train during your race training.
Where to in Red Deer: My Revolution
- Surf Set – I mean, who doesn’t want to pretend you’re in the cast of Blue Crush while getting a killer workout. An engaging workout inspired by surfing is especially appealing in the dark winter nights when you’re dreaming of truly paddling in the ocean under a hot sun.
- Circus – Who wouldn’t want to run away and join the circus? You can actually pretend to do that, learning how to flip and fly on aerial silks or hoops and more. You won’t even realize how hard you’re working until you’re done.
Where to in Red Deer: The Forum
- Jazzercise – It’s not just your mom’s fitness class full of neon spandex anymore. Jazzercise is a fun and engaging dance fitness class for all levels of fitness (and levels of coordination). Even if you’re flailing the whole class, you’re getting a great workout that you can laugh about.
Where to in Red Deer: Jazzercise Red Deer
- Pound – there’s no other fitness class out there that allows you to pretend you’re a rockstar while doing endless squats, lunges, and presses. It will leave you sweaty and sore but feeling a little more badass like the fitness rebel you are.
Where to in Red Deer: with me! Check out upcoming classes on the right-hand side of this page!
Tell me: What is the most fun fitness class you’ve ever taken?