It’s hard to believe we’re wrapping up another year already. I found there were many times throughout the last year where I felt nothing was really going my way but when I stopped to take a good look at some of the things I’ve accomplished, it really wasn’t bad at all. There are always highs and lows and I think 2017 brought some change that will benefit me in the coming years.
The highlights of 2017:
- Seeing Garth Brooks. Twice.
- Also seeing the Lumineers, Ed Sheeran and Tegan and Sara.
- Attending a presentation from and meeting Neil Pasricha.
- Running the Woody’s 10k, City Chase, Troubled Monk 10k, and Chocolate Chase with Liam.
- Completing my first half marathon at SeaWheeze.
- Becoming a certified Pound Pro and taught my first class.
- Joined as a founding member of a new Rotary club
- Organized a free yoga in the park day on behalf of my company, and organized my company Christmas party.
- Spent a week in Kelowna relaxing with my fam
- Continued crushing the Where to Workout in Red Deer series
- Climbed Ha Ling Peak
- Turned 31
- Liam started kindergarten
- Liam turned 5
- Put my condo for sale, sold it two months later and bought a 3 bedroom townhouse
In the next few days, I will take a look back on my goals for 2017 and talk about what my goals for 2018 will be (if I can figure them out). In the meantime, I wish you all the best for the upcoming year and hope you all have a safe and fun night ringing in the new year!