Can you believe that Christmas is a week away? It seems like the last couple months have been a whirlwind of packing, renos, moving, getting settled and then suddenly Christmas was here! I thought I’d pop in quick to share a few Christmasy (and non-Christmasy) things I’ve been loving this month!
- First up, the annual Canadian blogger Christmas exchange hosted by Lindsey and Leigh. This year they opened it up to anyone, regardless if you have a blog or not. It’s always fun to get to ‘know’ someone new and collect new ornaments. This year I received some lovely ornaments and beeswax snack bags from Jennifer. She and her husband used to keep bees, how cool is that?!
- Christmas movies! I’ve already watched my traditions, Love Actually and The Sound of Music, along with some cheesy Netflix Christmas flicks. So good. I may be slacking on working out in favour of movies and snacks. I’m sure I’ll regret this decision when Christmas is over, but in the moment, it’s perfect.
- Speaking of snacks, I’ve been addicted to Glow’s raw vegan Turtles. They are so yummy and so pretty with the edible gold dusted on them. Paired with a festive juice makes for a guilt-free snack that I should be consuming more of!
- Instead, I’ve been drinking too much beer. Folding Mountain has been knocking it out of the park lately, first with the Cherry Sour, and now with their Chocolate Stout. I mean, you can’t go wrong when one of your favourite breweries collaborates with your favourite chocolate shop.
- I’ve been thinking a lot about my wardrobe and how I’d like to move towards a capsule wardrobe and buying from ethical retailers instead of fast fashion. I’ve already talked about my love for Yoga Jeans, but I’ve recently stumbled across The Garment Life on Instagram and from her fell in love with Tradlands. Is it too late to add the Arapahoe shirt to my Christmas wish list? I also wouldn’t say no to the gift of The Garment Life’s capsule workshops.
- 10 Routines That Will Strengthen a Parent-Child Relationship
- How Our Words Shape Our Kids’ View of Themselves
- We’ve had such a mild winter so far and I was getting a little sad that we’d end up having a brown Christmas. There’s now about a foot of snow in the forecast which means it’ll be time for me to lace up and burn off some Christmas treats with my new Under Armour Charged Reactor running shoes. They’re insulated and designed to cool down when you get too warm and warm up when you get cold. Combine that with traction and they might be the perfect winter running show. I can’t wait to try them out.
- Kindergarten Has Ruined My Child
- Music things: Gwen Stefani has been my favourite artist since I was a kid in the 90’s so I was pretty jazzed to hear she has a Christmas album. It’s cheesy as heck but I love it. When I’ve had enough of the Christmas tunes, I’ve been playing River by Eminem featuring Ed Sheeran when Liam is not requesting ‘Imaginary Dragons’.
- I bought Liam the kid’s version of Wonder and the first time we read it together he said, “this is a really cool book” which made my heart swell. The movie was equal parts amazing and heartbreaking. I laughed, I cried, I was angry and heartbroken. I didn’t read the book, but I can say that it’s something everyone should read or watch in their life.
- We Ask Our Kids The Same 3 Questions Every Night
Christmasy or not, let’s hear what you’ve been loving lately?
Any good books, shows, music, eats I need to check out?