It’s been a hot minute since I’ve checked in over here. My life has been a little chaotic the last few weeks and I either haven’t had a single minute to sit down to write or I’ve been so exhausted I could only muster a couple words before bailing to crawl into bed.
Why? Well, I listed my condo in the summer. Two months later it sold, within a week of that I had an offer on a townhouse, the day before it closed I ended up walking away from the deal after some things came up in the home inspection. Within 24 hours I had an offer on another townhouse accepted but that townhouse needed some cosmetic work and I’ve been working hard on scheduling flooring and painting to be completed before I move in. It’s been a crazy few weeks but Liam and I are both very excited to get settled into our new place. We’ll have lots more space to and a backyard, a park nearby and friends just down the street.
So, now that you know what’s been keeping me busy, let’s talk about some things I’ve been loving outside of the house purchase.
- First up, my very first Pound class is coming up this week! (as if I don’t have enough going on, right) If you haven’t heard yet, I’m co-hosting a Pound & Pour event with another Pound Pro at a sweet studio here in the city. You get an hour of Pound followed by a nice cold beer (or craft soda) from Troubled Monk to rehydrate. There aren’t many spots left, so if you want to join, go register quick!
- 10 Tips For Staying Sane and Not Raising An Asshole
- I recently read The Hate U Give and think everyone, absolutely everyone should read that book. It’s in the ranks for best book of 2017, alongside The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.
- Saying ‘Thank You’ Instead of ‘I’m Sorry’ – I really like this post from my friend Kris. I practice gratitude often in the form of a gratitude journal and even with Liam talking about what we’re grateful at the end of our days. However, I’m always quick to apologize for way too many things even though I know I shouldn’t.
- Since Pound has taken over most of my free time, I haven’t been running much lately. I did manage to get out for a few short runs before the snow and cold set in. I’ve been loving the new kicks from Under Armour.
I’m excited to explore the trails around my new place with this in the coming months.
- Teach Your Monster To Read – I have never really used the iPad with Liam except if we are traveling and never with games. I recently downloaded this game, as recommended by a teacher friend and love it. Liam loves it and is killing it with his letter sounds. It’s quite pricey to download but it’s free on the web version.
- TV things: I’ve been watching This Is Us, Scandal and Riverdale weekly and just finished Stranger Things. Stranger Things 2 was definitely more intense then last season I feel like and I love the dark Eleven. This Is Us has just been ok. I’m really excited for Kate but really wishing Kevin wasn’t going the direction he’s going. And does anyone have any predictions as to who is the Black Hood on Riverdale??
- We finally got a permanent Lululemon store here in Red Deer (we’ve had the pop-up store since last holiday season). I’m lusting over some new workout gear, especially these green leggings. I’ve been very into green lately but it has yet to make it into my workout wardrobe.
- Speaking of new stores in town, this past weekend, friends of mine opened a super badass craft beer store. Apparently, I’m to thank for it. Last year, I was talking about the craft beer store in Airdrie, and it planted the seed that they should open something like that here in Red Deer, and now here it is. I’ll happily take that credit!
- I’ll leave you with a picture of Liam after packing his third box of the night all by himself.
Let’s hear what you’ve been loving lately?
Any good books, shows, music, eats I need to check out?