I’ve talked a lot about making our household toxin free lately and have been slowly phasing out many of our day-to-day products. I admit, it’s not the easiest thing to do and it’s hard to break old habits. The other day I was telling my mom about the benefits I’ve seen since switching most of my makeup to safer products, but then I went and claimed my birthday gift from Sephora, which most definitely was not chemical free makeup. Mom asked why I would have picked that up, if I was focusing on using chemical free makeup. I didn’t have a good answer other than it was a force of habit and it’s hard to pass up free stuff. I’ve since given it away.
Alas, as I run out of regular products, they’re being replaced with more natural options and I thought I share with you some of my favourites.
Skincare, Hair Care, and Makeup
- Beautycounter Charcoal Cleansing Bar – this is all I use to remove makeup and cleanse my skin. It’s amazing at how clean my skin feels, without feeling tight and dry.
- Beautycounter Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion – I had originally tried a different moisturizer from Beautycounter that didn’t work for me, I kept getting tiny pimples since I’m sensitive to coconut oil. This one hasn’t bothered me one bit and keeps my skin perfectly moisturized no matter the conditions.
- Rocky Mountain Soap Pomegranate Day Cream – I don’t usually need moisturizer in the morning, but if I do, this one is a great one to switch up from the Countermatch
- Rocky Mountain Soap Breakout Buster – pretty self-explanatory.
- Beautycounter Balancing Charcoal Facial Mask – I use this about once a week or so to treat myself
- Neals Yard Remedies Bee Lovely All Over Balm* – Made with organic orange essential oil and beeswax, this is perfect for those winter days when your skin is extra dry. It’s great for Liam too.
- Beautycounter Calendula Lip Conditioner – I love using this before bed and first thing in the morning to keep my lips nice and moisturized.
- Nelson Natural Activated Charcoal Toothpaste – I won this toothpaste in an Instagram giveaway and love it. Liam thinks it’s hilarious when I use it too. While not the tastiest, I definitely appreciate having a natural toothpaste that works well.
- Rocky Mountain Soap Tea Tree Deodorant – Natural deodorant is a difficult thing but this one has served me well for the most part. I still have days that are a bit iffy, but it’s the best natural deodorant I’ve tried so far.
- Rocky Mountain Soap Vanilla Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner – This shampoo and conditioner leaves my hair feeling clean and healthy and the smell is absolutely amazing.
- Beautycounter Skin Tint – I’m a huge fan of tinted moisturizers rather than full coverage foundations and this one is probably one of the best I’ve ever tried. It feels like silk and gives me the perfect amount of coverage, plus it’s buildable if I feel like some areas need a bit more. I also use Beautycounter blush and have a tube of concealer on order. As soon as my current tube of mascara is out, I’ll be switching that too. Really, I should have just bought the whole Flawless in Five kit.
- Tom’s of Maine Flouride Free Toothpaste – Liam loved this stuff when I switched him from a regular kids toothpaste so it’s safe to say the taste is kid approved
- Rocky Mountain Soap Root Beer Foaming Wash – This stuff smells amazing and I admit, I steal it more than I should.
- Rocky Mountain Soap Juicy Cherry Shampoo & Conditioner – see above, haha
- Honest Co Detangler – This stuff is awesome on tangled hair plus it smells amazing.
- Vinegar – I used straight vinegar, or vinegar and baking soda to clean most things in my house.
- Honest Co Cleaning – I use Honest Co cleaning supplies for most everything else. I love their laundry detergent especially.
- Seventh Generation** – While I’m not a fan of this particular scent of liquid dish soap, I’ve been using Seventh Generation for years.
I know that I’m not perfect with the products I use and still have a way to go until my house is completely toxin free, but it’s a good start. I know that these choices are not the most cost-effective at time of purchase but I truly believe they will add years to Liam’s and my health by diminishing the amount of exposure to unregulated chemicals.
Tell me: What are your favourite natural products and companies?
*I received a complimentary sample of the Bee Lovely All Over Balm, however, all thoughts opinions are mine
** I received Seventh Generation liquid dish soap and laundry detergent in exchange for an honest review, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
*** I’m not a Beautycounter consultant but Brie is, go order from her, or contact her with any questions!
My Favourite Toxin Free Products https://t.co/i9F0sEk0Sc
— Becky @ TheBexFactor (@beckyainsley) October 25, 2017