I don’t even know how September snuck up so quickly and apparently my birthday is in a couple short weeks. I could have sworn I just turned 30 yesterday. I’m always excited for my birthday to roll around and to have a bit of a fresh start on another year of life. I used to be all over making birthday party plans but that’s definitely gone to the wayside since a certain little mister entered my life. These days I’m happy just to have some time with my family.
Of course, that doesn’t mean a girl can’t dream up a list of things she’d like for her birthday. As I do every year, here’s my ultimate birthday wish list.
- An epic shopping trip – I think the last time I went on a big shopping trip was just before coming back to work after maternity leave. I’ve spent the last few years buying more clothes for Liam than for myself and my closet is kind of dismal. I’m in dire need of some fresh looks.
- A hotel bed – Seriously. Most of the time I look forward to coming home to my own bed after a night away, but after staying in the comfiest bed at Le Germain in Calgary last weekend, I’m ready to just trade in my bed for a whole new, swanky hotel bed. Fluffy cloud pillows and mattress, soft as babies butts sheets. I want it all.
- More hours in a day – I’m finding it harder and harder to fit the things I love into a day, especially with the crazy kindergarten schedule. I just want one guilt free hour to workout without sacrificing everything else.
- A new purse and wallet – Still in love with the Poppy Barley bags and wallet. The good news is, they have actual stores now in both Calgary and Edmonton!
- A chunk of cash to go traveling – a friend is getting married in Laos (SE Asia, where he’s from) and I’d love to go and have a chance to explore Laos and Thailand from the perspective of a local. But alas, I’m not sure I will be able to afford it by January.
- A Camp Brand Goods shirt – I dig them and feel like I’m the only person that doesn’t have one.
- The entire line of Beauty Counter Skin Care – because why not.
What would be on your ultimate wish list?