Hey, friends! I’m checking in late with this post this month. I don’t know where the last few weeks have gone but suddenly the end of August is looming which means summer is coming to an end. I’m not ready because that means Liam starts school next week. Next week. What?!
- To My Fellow Moms, on the First Day of Kindergarten – I know quite a few of my friends will be sending their little ones off to Kindergarten next week too and could use this read. You might want to have a tissue handy.
- Raw Pizza – We all know that I love pizza. Real, greasy, cheesy pizza. But I’ve been making more of an effort to clean up my diet and have been trying more raw foods. A recent trip to Glow Juicery had me curious about their raw pizza. You guys. It was so yummy. I mean, it’s obviously not the same as a traditional pizza, but it definitely has me wanting to eat about 10 pieces in one sitting and thinking about it constantly the way traditional pizza does. I don’t even like zucchini or olives, but the ‘cashew cheeze’ makes this whole thing taste like heaven.
- The Crazy Rich Asians series by Kevin Kwan. I stumbled upon the first book at Value Village last year and finally got around to reading it this summer while on holidays with my family. I loved it and have since been devouring the other two books.
- Bite Beauty Liquid Lipsticks and Lip Primer. I’m a lipstick addict and basically, every time I try a new one it becomes my favourite. I’m telling you though, Bite Beauty is legit my new favourite. These colours go on smooth, last forever even without the primer, and don’t leave your lips dry. I’m in love.
- Kat Von D Saint and Sinner fragrances. I was skeptical about these fragrances, thinking they were going to smell cheap but I actually love both of them. Saint is a sweeter floral scent and Sinner is a more spicy scent and both are fantastic. I actually don’t wear much perfume anymore but these are both perfect for those times when I want a little.
- The root beer scented kids line from Rocky Mountain Soap Co. I bought some of the foaming wash for Liam and admit that I now steal it from time to time because I’m obsessed with the root beer scent. I don’t drink soda anymore, but root beer used to be my favourite and I definitely gravitate towards root beer scented things.
- Skin Tint from Beauty Counter. I just ran out of my previous tinted moisturizer and since I’ve been slowly transferring my products to safer products, picked up this one. I love that it goes on so smooth, has buildable coverage and lasts all day without making my skin feel dry or greasy. I’m not a consultant but Brie is, go order from her! I plan to do a full post on my favourite ‘safe’ products down the road so stay tuned for that.
- The #WeRunSocial Crew – I ended up missing most of their meetup fun over the SeaWheeze weekend due to terrible timing and traffic but I was happy to say hi and squeak in for a photo. If you’re not familiar, #WeRunSocial is just an online running community, connected through the hashtag on social and meetups at big running events throughout North America. It doesn’t matter what kind of runner you are, if you run, you’re in. I received a #WRS Momentum Wrap to commemorate SeaWheeze weekend and will serve as a fun reminder of that time I ran my first half marathon.
Let’s hear from you guys. What are you loving lately?
I received the Bite Beauty products and Kat Von D fragrance sample complimentary from Influenster but as always, all thoughts and reviews expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that continue to make this hobby of mine possible!