Hey friends! How’s your short week going so far? The temperatures are rising here and I’m currently sweating in my condo wishing I had AC, but I’m not going to complain about the heat because we get so few nice days it seems. It means more evenings spent BBQing and hanging out on the balcony which is perfectly ok with me! Let’s chat about some things I’m loving this month, shall we?
- My farm share! I decided to check out another farm this year for my vegetable share and was able to add on fruit and eggs to it for about the same price. It’s customizable, so if there’s something you see on the list for the week that you don’t like, you can choose not to receive it and supplement something else instead. Our first box contained: raspberries, strawberries, cherries, butter lettuce, arugula, kale, garlic scapes, peas, radishes, tomatoes, cucumbers and green onions. It was perfect!
- Imagine Dragons’ Evolve album – I fell in love with Believer through Pound and ended up downloading the full album. Liam and I have been listening to it on repeat and singing along together. You can bet there will be a few of these songs appearing on my Seawheeze playlist!
- The Girlfriend Collective – I got sucked into a Facebook ad quite some time ago now that was advertising free workout tights, no strings attached, all you had to do was pay for the shipping. It was their unique advertising campaign to spread the word on their line of ethical and eco-friendly workout wear. I received my leggings a couple months ago and am in love. They are great quality, with the perfect, flattering cut, and they stay put. For under $100, it’s definitely worth ordering. They’ve now launched their full line of leggings and sports bras in multiple colours. The other thing I love is that they use models of all shapes and sizes so you can truly get a sense of what the products look like on a real body.
- My new glasses! My prescription had changed a lot and my previous frames were about five years old so I was due for new specs. I’m kind of in love with this pair of Ray Bans I settled on. Choosing new frames is no easy task for me but I’m thankful for a girlfriend who’s an optician with great taste for helping me out!
- The Problem With Body Positivity via Bad Yogi – yes! yes! YES! I’m a huge fan of Bad Yogi and especially love this blog post about how you can love your body but still want to do better for it.
- Revlon Mega Multiplier Mascara – I received this complimentary from Influenster and was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. My current higher end go-to hasn’t been working as well for me anymore and I was becoming frustrated with trying to find a decent mascara but this one stays put all day without smudging. It even lasts through a sweaty lunch run. While I don’t necessarily find it gives me huge volume or length, it lasts and that’s a win for me.
- My charcoal bar from Beauty Counter! I have been slowly transitioning to toxin-free products and this is one I’m absolutely loving. It leaves me face feeling super clean without feeling tight ro dry. It’s amazing. I’m not a consultant but Brie is, go order from her!
- Ange sent me this and it couldn’t be more on point:
What are you loving lately?