Summer is the perfect time to get out and have some fun, whether you’re dating someone new, or just looking for something new to try with your significant other. We’re not limited to indoor activities because it’s too cold and can embrace being outdoors until long into the night. Since my last date night idea post is still one of the top hits from Google, I thought I’d bring some fresh ideas for summer. Fellas, pay attention here.
- Sunset paddle with Mountain Surf Co. Get out of the city and spend the evening in Sylvan Lake. Enjoy a delicious dinner at the Bamboo Hut and then trade your date night outfit for your bathing suit or shorts for a sunset paddle on the lake.
- Enjoy a run along the river and rehydrate with a pint on the Troubled Monk patio. They say the couple that sweats together stays together, or something, so what better way to connect than a run or bike ride along our beautiful river trail system. You can plan your route to conveniently end just steps away from the local brewery to enjoy a post-run pint of craft beer or soda.
- Get classy with dinner at Tribe and a tour of the Red Deer art scene. If you plan accordingly, you can catch First Fridays, which gives you a chance to meet the artists of and visit various exhibits around town. You’ll be surprised to learn what a vibrant art community exists here!
- Try your hand at long boarding at Bower Ponds, followed by a picnic in the park (make sure you bring a blanket to avoid sitting in goose poop!). You can rent everything you need for long boarding right at the ponds. If that’s not quite up your alley, there’s tons of other fun activities to try at the Ponds and plenty of grassy space to enjoy a bite to eat in the sunshine.
- Enjoy Hight Tea at Stella Bean Sweets. It’s such a cute, trendy cafe to visit and who doesn’t love trays of tiny sandwiches, scones and cream (oh the clotted cream!), and macarons. Step the game up and wear your British best to make it even more fun.
Still on the hunt for some ideas? Check out my previous post, 5 Date Night Ideas in Red Deer
I want to hear from you! What is the best date you’ve ever been on? Or the worst? Do you have a favourite date night spot?