Let’s talk about my life lately. I’ve been single parenting for the last 4.5 weeks straight while working, trying to maintain this blog (albeit poorly these days), half marathon training, volunteering for SMBRD, becoming a charter member of a new Rotary club in the city and keeping up with the book club. This week we sadly put our family dog of 16.5 years to rest. I also received Liam’s schedule for kindergarten in the fall and have been trying to figure out how that will fit in with work/day home. To say things have been a little bit hectic is an understatement for sure. BUT, I’m not here to talk about the things that are sad or frustration or stressful. I’m here to share the things I’m loving and bring a bit of positivity to your day.
BUT, I’m not here to talk about the things that are sad or frustration or stressful. I’m here to share the things I’m loving and bring a bit of positivity to your day. I’ve been looking forward to writing this post because I know you guys enjoy them and I love finding things to share with you. Let’s do it shall we?
- Global Running Day – Here’s the thing about running – you don’t have to be able to run certain distances or paces to be considered a runner. Anyone who runs, is a runner. I am often frustrated with running feeling hard and like I’m never progressing. I have been questioning my sanity signing up for a half marathon. But in the end, there’s just something magical about running that keeps me tying my laces and hitting the trails. It’s a chance for me to move my body, to appreciate life, to clear my head, to vent my frustrations. It’s a way to make new friends, mourn losses, and celebrate successes. While I may not hit PR’s or aspire to run Boston, I know that I am doing good things while putting one foot in front of the other.
- Evening walks with Liam. We’ve been getting out for near nightly walks around our neighbourhood and have worked our way up to going far enough to hit the trail near my house that I often run on. Liam was so excited about how “beautiful” it was when he saw it for the first time. I’m looking forward to many more evening walks throughout summer.
- Have you heard of Evelyn Hugo? If you’d been around these parts long enough, you’ll know I’m completely smitten with all of Taylor Jenkins Reid’s novels. Her latest is available next week and I was fortunate enough to receive an advanced copy from Simon and Schuster. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo is not like any of TJR’s previous work but it will still have you flipping the pages to devour the story as fast as you can. So, you might want to plan to hit your favourite bookstore on June 13th to pick up your copy.
- My Pound certification is this Sunday! I’m equal parts nervous and excited. I haven’t put much thought into what it will look like once I’m certified (see above re: life is crazy lately) but I’m hoping to do some pop-up classes around the city. I hope you’ll come!
- Exactly What To Eat (and What to Avoid) To Have a Great Period
- I helped a friend with some lifestyle shots of their Canada 150 shirts (soon to be available at Bower Ponds for my local pals). Liam and I had a fun evening of paddle boats and hanging at the playground together. I can’t wait to sport my shirt on Canada Day!
- Rhubarb everything! I love rhubarb season and was excited when my mom brought me a huge bag of it last weekend. So far I’ve made a healthified rhubarb apple crisp and plan to make some muffins whenever I can find a minute to hit the grocery store to buy some butter. What’s your favourite way to use rhubarb?
- I need this bra from Lululemon.
- I’m pretty sure I post something Ed Sheeran related every month but whatevs. Pour yourself a cup of tea and settle in for 13 minutes to watch the following:
What are you loving lately?