aka a mama can dream
Let’s face it, there are a million Mother’s Day Gift Guides popping up in the blogosphere around this time but none of them really address the things a mom really wants or needs.
- a new house – because a new house is always on the wish list.
- professional house cleaning – because mom needs a break from cleaning the pee pools under the toilet, crumbs, and fingerprints everywhere.
- a lifetime subscription to Headspace – keep mom sane by helping her build daily meditation into her life.
- the opportunity to never cook or grocery shop again. but I’ll settle for Chef’s Plate for life.
- a vacation, for some moms, a night in a hotel room alone would suffice.
- a wardrobe overhaul – I’m sure I’m not the only mama out there who’s kid has a better closet.
- a full day of sleep – because I don’t know what it’s like to feel rested even when my kid sleeps in until a reasonable time.
- unlimited time to workout without sacrificing quality time with the kiddos. or unlimited passes to all the studios. or both.
- a new brain – since I’m pretty sure I birthed mine and I haven’t been able to recover it.
- a lifetime supply of your alcohol of choice, without the extra calories, to get through the tough days.
Of course, this list isn’t serious and I want nothing more than to spend the day with my own mama and my special little guy. The reality is, it’s a gift just to be a mom and I’m thankful that Liam chose me to be his. No amount of things could ever replace the happiness I feel at the end of the night when I tuck Liam in and watch him drift off to sleep (except that drink when bedtime is a struggle).
If you could have anything in the world for Mother’s Day, what would it be?