Hi friends! How’s the week been treating you? Mine’s gone by so fast already and I’m a day behind. I totally thought Wednesday was only Tuesday, which explains why this post didn’t go up on time. Oops. Here’s some things I’ve been loving lately.
- The Lumineers. I went to their concert last Friday where I ended up falling even more in love with them. I wasn’t sure how they would sound in a stadium of 15,000 people but they were amazing. I can’t ever explain the feeling I get watching live music, especially big stadium shows. The energy in a place so big, filled with people with a common love for the particular artist they’re there to see, cheering loudly and singing along to their favourite songs, I mean, there’s just nothing quite like it. Allison’s blog post from a recent Arkelle’s show conveys much of what I feel at almost every concert I go to. I loved that Lumineers singer Wesley Shultz (who is a total dreamboat, btw) got personal with the crowd, shared some personal experiences and meanings behind some of the songs. I’ve been listening to their album on repeat for the last week and am often brought to tears knowing what particular songs are about and all of the emotions they now invoke.
- Big Little Lies. I read the book last month and now I’m working my way through the TV series. I love it! I only have two more episodes left and am trying to savour them. I’m all caught up on Riverdale and Scandal. You guys, Scandal is off the hook this season! Are you watching? Are you as heartbroken as I am over episode 6?!
- I’m currently reading A Man Called Ove and it is such a good book. I’m only about halfway through and already am recommending you run out and grab it from your library right now. I’ve already cried once and I’m not usually a crier when I read. PS. Still loving my library card.
- Can someone please send me to Uganda so I can play with the gorilla’s?
- I registered for Pound training in June. I have been loving these workouts so much and registered on a whim yesterday. I seriously can’t wait. I’m already in talks with another local Pound instructor to host a Pound and Pour workout and beer event this summer. Who’s coming? On a semi-related topic, I still can’t decided what fitness certification to go after, group fitness or personal training. Personal training courses are held in Red Deer, but not group fitness. But I think group fitness would be beneficial especially with my Pound certification. Gah! I’m bad at decisions, what do you guys think?
- I’m loving WestJet’s Most Canadian Sale, which ends on Thursday. I managed to snag a decent flight to Vancouver for SeaWheeze in August.
- This Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Venom. I think this was a Sephora reward and it’s my new favourite colour right now. Also loving the Dark Angels cleanser from Lush. It leaves my skin so soft and smooth.
I want to hear from you! What are you loving lately?