What I’m Loving

March 1, 2017

Happy March! February flew by, didn’t it? I can already tell March is going to fly as well. I can smell spring around the corner and am getting excited about the longer days.

• I’m still riding the high of my yoga accomplishment from Monday. I’ve been working towards jumping from crow pose into chaturanga. When I first started about a year ago, I totally belly flopped. It was humbling, to say the least. But Monday night I nailed it! I had the biggest smile on my face. Sometimes I feel because I don’t practice yoga as often as I’d like, I’ll never be able to progress but clearly, this is not true. I can feel myself getting stronger every time I roll out my mat.

The blanket was to save my face while working on one legged crow, which I was not successful with. This time.
  • On Saturday, Cassandra and I headed to my second home, Calgary, for a night out. We had dinner and drinks at Cleaver, which I’m still drooling over. Here’s what we shared:
    – Pork & chorizo sausage rolls
    – Baked breads, chicken drippings, bacon butter.
    – Pork slider, bacon sage breadcrumbs, rhubarb sauce.
    – Soft shell crab slider, yuzu aioli, cilantro.
    – Duck slider, bacon, crispy shallot, cherry ketchup.
    – Double dipped duck fat fries, truffle & Parmesan
    – Toblerone baked cheesecake, meringue kisses, caramel & chocolate sauce.

There were so many delicious things on the menu, it was hard to even decide what to get. I need to go back stat. After we were sufficiently stuffed, we headed over to the Palace Theatre for a rap show where it’s possible we were the oldest people in attendance. I’d never heard of the guy performing, Lil Dicky, but he ended up being pretty talented and funny for a white rapper.

• Speaking of music, Ed Sheeran’s album is out this week and I need the vinyl in my life. Have you heard the newest song he released a couple weeks ago? Swoon.

• Also, this mashup from Walk Off The Earth combines all of my favourites, Ed Sheeran, and 90s hip-hop.

• When your favourite author responds to your tweet:

I finished Maybe In Another Life and was instantly sad that I had no more Taylor Jenkins Reid books until her newest release comes out later this year. I have since jumped into Liane Moriarty’s books, just finishing Big Little Lies. I enjoyed it and looking forward to The Husband’s Secret which just came in from the library.
  • Have you watched Santa Clarita Diet yet? If you haven’t, you must. The premise sounds silly and unoriginal but trust me, the characters make this show laugh out loud funny. And I don’t often laugh out loud watching tv. Unfortunately, it’s only 10 thirty-minute episodes so it’s over fast. I’ve started on Riverdale which keeps me curious but definitely makes me horrified to have a teenager if that’s the way they act these days!!
  • Urban Cowgirl just released her new line of kimonos and I’m dying to add one to my closet. They are absolutely gorgeous.

{ “A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles.” } . ?: @ladidalanephotography #newkimonos #comingsoon #sneakpeek #practicegratitude #everyday

A post shared by Linnden • UrbanCowgirl&Co. (@urbancowgirlco) on

Alright, I think that’s all from me today.

I want to hear from you, what are you loving lately?

March 1, 2017 at 8:46 am

Nice work on the yoga success!! That’s so exciting! I need to get watching those shows – think Justin would like them? That was my second pick for kimonos! I love the colors and contrast with the lace! Your entire meal sounded delicious and those drink…oh my!

March 1, 2017 at 7:35 pm

Yes I think Justin would like Santa Clarita Diet for sure. He’d probably like Riverdale if he was an Archie fan as a kid.

The Kimono is seriously gorgeous. I’m sad I’m on a spending freeze 🙁 Haha

March 1, 2017 at 9:25 am

Okay! I have a solution to your TJR withdrawals (I’m having them too) – Sarah Jio’s new book Always is wonderful!

Nick and I have been dying over that Toblerone cheesecake/desserts from Cleaver on Instagram. What was your fav menu item? Was the cheesecake worth it? (How could it not be though!!?)

March 1, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Oooh I will check that book out. Thanks for the recommendation.

Um, yes the cheesecake was totally worth it!

March 1, 2017 at 11:37 am

Way to go on the yoga pose! I’ve never even heard of that restaurant. Where is it?

March 1, 2017 at 7:33 pm

It’s on 17th Ave!

Jen
    March 1, 2017 at 11:56 am

I’m such a wimp– I watched the first 2 episodes of santa clarita diet and couldn’t watch anymore. it was freaking hilarious…but SO disgusting!!

March 1, 2017 at 7:33 pm

Aw, I didn’t find it bad. The Walking Dead was too gory for me, but SCD was nothing!

Jen
        March 2, 2017 at 6:59 am

I haven’t watched that series yet. Told ya, I’m a wimp 😉

March 1, 2017 at 9:51 pm

Awesome job on nailing the yoga move! I am ready to focus more on strength etc for a bit now.
    I saw that Tweet, too cool!

March 2, 2017 at 8:24 pm

Yes! Now you can come to Pound with me!!

March 1, 2017 at 11:04 pm

Nice work on nailing that yoga move! AHHHH I didn’t know Walk Off the Earth had a cover of Shape of You! I love their covers SO much, thanks! Have you watched Love Sick on Netflix yet? It’s a British show (was originally called Scrotal Recall, then they renamed it for the second season), and it’s super cute and funny, you’d like it I think (unless of course you’ve watched it and none of this is important haha). Can’t wait to see you this weekend!!!!

March 2, 2017 at 8:25 pm

I’ve heard of it but I haven’t watched it yet. I’ll look for it. I still need to catch up on Suits and Scandal, I’m a few weeks behind on both!

Leslie H
    March 6, 2017 at 9:33 am

That’s a big transition to get in yoga! Way to go! I haven’t been able to nail that one yet – I think it’s partly fear holding me back from really trying and partly that it’s freakin hard!
    Isn’t clever so delicious! We went before we left and it was so good. Were you there during happy hour?

March 6, 2017 at 12:47 pm

GIRL! You just gotta go for it! I mean, the worst that’ll happen is belly flopping but it only gets better from there! M3

Cleaver was seriously amazing. I need to go back. We were not there for happy hour since it was a weekend. Right time, wrong day lol