Happy March! February flew by, didn’t it? I can already tell March is going to fly as well. I can smell spring around the corner and am getting excited about the longer days.
- I’m still riding the high of my yoga accomplishment from Monday. I’ve been working towards jumping from crow pose into chaturanga. When I first started about a year ago, I totally belly flopped. It was humbling, to say the least. But Monday night I nailed it! I had the biggest smile on my face. Sometimes I feel because I don’t practice yoga as often as I’d like, I’ll never be able to progress but clearly, this is not true. I can feel myself getting stronger every time I roll out my mat.
The blanket was to save my face while working on one legged crow, which I was not successful with. This time.
- On Saturday, Cassandra and I headed to my second home, Calgary, for a night out. We had dinner and drinks at Cleaver, which I’m still drooling over. Here’s what we shared:
– Pork & chorizo sausage rolls
– Baked breads, chicken drippings, bacon butter.
– Pork slider, bacon sage breadcrumbs, rhubarb sauce.
– Soft shell crab slider, yuzu aioli, cilantro.
– Duck slider, bacon, crispy shallot, cherry ketchup.
– Double dipped duck fat fries, truffle & Parmesan
– Toblerone baked cheesecake, meringue kisses, caramel & chocolate sauce.
There were so many delicious things on the menu, it was hard to even decide what to get. I need to go back stat. After we were sufficiently stuffed, we headed over to the Palace Theatre for a rap show where it’s possible we were the oldest people in attendance. I’d never heard of the guy performing, Lil Dicky, but he ended up being pretty talented and funny for a white rapper.
- Speaking of music, Ed Sheeran’s album is out this week and I need the vinyl in my life. Have you heard the newest song he released a couple weeks ago? Swoon.
- Also, this mashup from Walk Off The Earth combines all of my favourites, Ed Sheeran, and 90s hip-hop.
- When your favourite author responds to your tweet:
I finished Maybe In Another Life and was instantly sad that I had no more Taylor Jenkins Reid books until her newest release comes out later this year. I have since jumped into Liane Moriarty’s books, just finishing Big Little Lies. I enjoyed it and looking forward to The Husband’s Secret which just came in from the library.
- Have you watched Santa Clarita Diet yet? If you haven’t, you must. The premise sounds silly and unoriginal but trust me, the characters make this show laugh out loud funny. And I don’t often laugh out loud watching tv. Unfortunately, it’s only 10 thirty-minute episodes so it’s over fast. I’ve started on Riverdale which keeps me curious but definitely makes me horrified to have a teenager if that’s the way they act these days!!
- Urban Cowgirl just released her new line of kimonos and I’m dying to add one to my closet. They are absolutely gorgeous.
Alright, I think that’s all from me today.
I want to hear from you, what are you loving lately?