Fitness

2017 Race Calendar

February 7, 2017

Currently, I’m only registered for one race, Seawheeze, but I’ve been eyeing up other races trying to decide what I might like to run this year. Planning my race calendar is so difficult and not just because I’ve hardly run all winter. Whoops. There’s a part of me that wants to run all the races and the other part of me that knows that life is busy enough without running a race every other weekend. Also, costs add up quickly so I know I have to be choosy.

I know that I would like to run more local races and new to me races since I’ve repeated many of the same races over the years. Here’s a list of some of the races I’m eyeing up this year.

April

Chocolate Chase 5k

September

Harvest Run 3/8k

Oktoberfest Run 5/10k

December

Santa Shuffle

I’m only registered for Seawheeze right now which is my priority, the rest are all tentatives and would be fun if they work out. I’m hoping to keep my schedule flexible while still fitting in some fun runs with friends and hopefully Liam too.

What races are on your calendar this year?

Rachel @ Better LIVIN
    February 7, 2017 at 6:40 am

Wow! That’s quite the list- good for you! So far, I only have the Banff Half and the Wanderlust 5k on my list, I need to play it by ear with my school schedule.

P.S. So jealous you got into Seawheeze! The theme this year is psychedelic. 🙂

February 7, 2017 at 5:04 pm

To be fair I’ll be lucky to do a handful of those races, they’re all just big maybes.

February 7, 2017 at 8:59 am

I’m signed up for zero races 🙁 Ah well, hopefully I can get back into running in the fall

February 7, 2017 at 5:04 pm

You have a pretty good reason not to run any races this year!

Ange // Cowgirl Runs
    February 7, 2017 at 9:32 am

Right now I have Ragnar and SeaWheeze and I’m planning on running the Arm 10 Miler in October when I’m in DC for my cousin’s wedding.
    I’m sure I’ll throw in a few MEC races (for $15!) and maybe some 5 Peaks, but I’m not overly focused on racing this year.

February 7, 2017 at 5:05 pm

I think you should plan to run the Troubled Monk run with me this year.

February 7, 2017 at 10:17 am

Let me know what you all sign up for! I want to do some smaller ones but it will depend on timing with half training too.

February 7, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Deal! Troubled Monk will be top priority but after that, we’ll see!

February 7, 2017 at 10:50 am

I only have SeaWheeze on my schedule too. I often sign up for races last minute thanks to peer pressure, but like you, I don’t want to spend a small fortune on race entries this year – especially since that weekend in Vancouver is going to add up! I would love to do another trail race this year though.

February 7, 2017 at 5:06 pm

I think you should plan to come do the Troubled Monk with me. If only for the beer.