So, before we jump into the things I’ve been loving over the last month, I have to get one thing I’m not loving off my chest. The last few weeks I’ve been feeling absolutely exhausted. I have no energy at the end of the day and haven’t felt like myself. I figured I must have been fighting something since Liam has had a cold the last few weeks and it all came to the surface over the weekend when I really went downhill. I ended up calling in sick to work yesterday, dropping Liam off at the day home and hitting up the walk-in clinic. Turns out I have tonsillitis. What?! As I was sitting on the exam table being told I had tonsillitis and having the doctor call me ‘kiddo’, I was wondering if I’d somehow fell into a time warp because it didn’t feel like something I’d experience at the age of thirty. Such is life I guess. I have some antibiotics and am feeling closer to my normal self.
With that out of the way, here are some things to love:
- A busy social calendar this month! Most of my weekends are already booked solid for February and I love it. This coming weekend my bestie and I celebrate our 10-year friend-versary! Isn’t that amazing! While I had hoped we could have a weekend getaway to celebrate, it just isn’t in the cards this year but I’m still excited to have a toast to a Myspace message that kicked off a decade-long friendship. This weekend is also Brie’s baby shower, next weekend is Liam’s BFF’s birthday party and the weekend after that is Garth Brooks with Ange plus a possible mountain adventure with Kris and Jo! PHEW!
- How To Stop Getting Pissed Off At Every Little Thing
- I finally got myself a library card. It’s no secret that I love to read and I’ve often been asked why I never used the library. I always had an excuse, because I wanted to read what I wanted, when I wanted, without having a limit on how long I had. This year, as I’m forced to reduce my spending, I finally bit the bullet. And you know what? I love it. There’s a library just around the corner from my office so it’s a quick jaunt to grab whatever book I have on hold. Instead of spending money on books that I don’t ever keep each month, I can read all the books I want without spending a dime (well, ok, without spending more than the yearly fee). I just started Happiness for Beginners as recommended by Brie and also picked up my latest book club read, The Invention of Wings.
- Have you guys heard Ed Sheeran’s new singles yet? They were released early last month and I’m in love. I can’t wait for his new album to drop next month and really wish I could have pre-ordered on vinyl.
- I’m so happy Suits is back. And Scandal. And This Is Us. I don’t usually watch that many shows at a time but it doesn’t matter because I have Harvey Spector and Olivia Pope are back in my life.
- Also, if you haven’t seen La La Land yet, run to the theatre to watch it! I wasn’t really sure if it would be my thing but I ended up loving it!
- While I’m not sure that the condo refresh project will be a go this year, I’d really love to add these prints from Swell Made Co.
- I received the new Bite lip pencil compliments of Influenster. I tried out the bolder colour, Whiskey and well, it’s not the shade for me but I’m excited to try the more neutral one later. The formula is amazing, though. It goes on so smooth and the lipsticks smell amazing! I would definitely buy this brand again if I was ever in need of a new lip colour (which I’m currently no, I have SO many right now!).
That’s it, that’s all folks. Tell me what you’ve been loving lately!