What I’m Loving

February 1, 2017

So, before we jump into the things I’ve been loving over the last month, I have to get one thing I’m not loving off my chest. The last few weeks I’ve been feeling absolutely exhausted. I have no energy at the end of the day and haven’t felt like myself. I figured I must have been fighting something since Liam has had a cold the last few weeks and it all came to the surface over the weekend when I really went downhill. I ended up calling in sick to work yesterday, dropping Liam off at the day home and hitting up the walk-in clinic. Turns out I have tonsillitis. What?! As I was sitting on the exam table being told I had tonsillitis and having the doctor call me ‘kiddo’, I was wondering if I’d somehow fell into a time warp because it didn’t feel like something I’d experience at the age of thirty. Such is life I guess. I have some antibiotics and am feeling closer to my normal self.

With that out of the way, here are some things to love:

• A busy social calendar this month! Most of my weekends are already booked solid for February and I love it. This coming weekend my bestie and I celebrate our 10-year friend-versary! Isn’t that amazing! While I had hoped we could have a weekend getaway to celebrate, it just isn’t in the cards this year but I’m still excited to have a toast to a Myspace message that kicked off a decade-long friendship. This weekend is also Brie’s baby shower, next weekend is Liam’s BFF’s birthday party and the weekend after that is Garth Brooks with Ange plus a possible mountain adventure with Kris and Jo! PHEW!
  • How To Stop Getting Pissed Off At Every Little Thing
  • I finally got myself a library card. It’s no secret that I love to read and I’ve often been asked why I never used the library. I always had an excuse, because I wanted to read what I wanted, when I wanted, without having a limit on how long I had. This year, as I’m forced to reduce my spending, I finally bit the bullet. And you know what? I love it. There’s a library just around the corner from my office so it’s a quick jaunt to grab whatever book I have on hold. Instead of spending money on books that I don’t ever keep each month, I can read all the books I want without spending a dime (well, ok, without spending more than the yearly fee). I just started Happiness for Beginners as recommended by Brie and also picked up my latest book club read, The Invention of Wings.
  • Have you guys heard Ed Sheeran’s new singles yet? They were released early last month and I’m in love. I can’t wait for his new album to drop next month and really wish I could have pre-ordered on vinyl.

• I’m so happy Suits is back. And Scandal. And This Is Us. I don’t usually watch that many shows at a time but it doesn’t matter because I have Harvey Spector and Olivia Pope are back in my life.
  • Also, if you haven’t seen La La Land yet, run to the theatre to watch it! I wasn’t really sure if it would be my thing but I ended up loving it!
  • While I’m not sure that the condo refresh project will be a go this year, I’d really love to add these prints from Swell Made Co.
  • I received the new Bite lip pencil compliments of Influenster. I tried out the bolder colour, Whiskey and well, it’s not the shade for me but I’m excited to try the more neutral one later. The formula is amazing, though. It goes on so smooth and the lipsticks smell amazing! I would definitely buy this brand again if I was ever in need of a new lip colour (which I’m currently no, I have SO many right now!).

That’s it, that’s all folks. Tell me what you’ve been loving lately!

Edward McIntyre
    February 1, 2017 at 9:02 pm

Shape of you is growing on me, and I still haven’t seen La La Land. I really should get around to that but The Space Between Us is out this week so it will probably have to wait.

February 2, 2017 at 10:51 am

Haha YES love that song! And the video is cool too. Crazy that it has like 25 million views in 3 days! I downloaded a good remix of the song too.
    Yay for library cards! I want a red deer one now (to add to my collection lol). I resisted the library for a long time too. I just loved owning my books. But now I’m realizing how much money I spent over the years on mediocre books. Ugh. I still love my bookshelves, but I only want to own books I really liked/loved.
    So those prints: love! I’ve been book marking similar prints for our room and Sully and Emmy’s room. So many double combinations that I love!

February 2, 2017 at 9:02 pm

You do have a beautiful bookshelf though, you can’t deny that.

Jen
    February 2, 2017 at 12:08 pm

Your library has a yearly fee? Ours is 100% free and I love that I can digitally “check out” books that download to my Kindle as well.

This is Us is hands down my favorite TV show, I love it!!

February 2, 2017 at 9:00 pm

Yeah, adult memberships are $10 and kids ones are free.

Jo @ living mint green
    February 2, 2017 at 12:49 pm

I’m afraid to try the dark lipstick too. Pretty sure it’s going to make me look like a scary clown whore.

Feel better soon! xo

February 2, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Even the light one is pretty bad on me. BUT i used the dark liner and the light lipstick and it’s an amazing combo. So there’s that.

February 7, 2017 at 12:42 pm

I seriously cannot find lipstick that looks good on me!! I want to love lipstick. I Love the library for the kids! I do love owning books too though. Even though Justin does not get why I need to save all these books I have already read! ha

February 7, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Ah, you just need to find the right shade for you. It’s hard to find good ones sometimes.

February 7, 2017 at 4:32 pm

That’s crazy there is a fee for your library card, but STILL, $10 a year is such a savings from buying books. Really happy you finally got one. The book club reads may be tough if they are new and there’s a waitlist, but you get used to having a long list of things you want to read and managing your holds list. I have library cards in 3 cities and haven’t been reading anything good lately, which makes borrowing the book for free that much better.
    Mostly listening to Love on the Weekend by John Mayer.
    Cute posters, you could definitely make your own in word and print at Staples or Kinkos to save money. Or get card stock and letter stickers from Michaels.

February 8, 2017 at 7:46 am

I think at one point it was free and I missed the boat. Or maybe I’m just thinking of the kids memberships. Either way, $10 a year is less than the cost of one book so I don’t even mind.

Good call and making the prints myself. Although a portion of proceeds for those prints went to charity.