Anyone else here ready to say adios to 2016?
With New Year’s Eve tomorrow, I thought it was a great time to reflect on the past year. To be honest, it kind of feels like I was just writing my 2015 recap yesterday and now here I am reminiscing as another year comes to an end. 2016 was full of fun and adventure but wasn’t without its challenges. I know that each struggle is helping me grow into a better version of myself (even if it doesn’t seem like it at the time).
The highlights of 2016:
- I ran two 10km races in two weeks, the Red Deer Marathon and the Calgary Marathon.
- I also ran the St. Patrick’s Island Fun Run 4k, Troubled Monk 5k and Chocolate Chase 5k.
- My best friend and I spent the day running all over downtown Calgary competing in City Chase.
- I pushed myself to climb Mount Rundle and later Liam joined me on a hike to Grassi Lakes
- I spent a week in Invermere with the family and later spent a weekend in Waterton
- I tried so many fun new fitness classes with the blog squad
- I saw City & Colour, Salt ‘n Peppa and Bif Naked without having to leave my city!
- I celebrated 10 years of service at my current company and celebrated by planning a pretty epic Christmas party for our region.
- I celebrated my 30th birthday
- Liam turned four.
I’ve learned a few things along the way this past year that will help me planning my goals for the upcoming year, which I will share next week. For now, I’m gearing up to say farewell to 2016 and welcome 2017 with open arms.
What were some of your highlights from the past year?