What I’m Loving

December 7, 2016

It’s cold outside. Like, really cold outside. But let’s not dwell on it, ok? Let’s focus on the good stuff, the things we’re loving lately…

What I'm Loving

• Let’s start with the obvious, I’m loving the holiday season. I love coming home and turning the fireplace and Christmas lights on. I love looking at Liam’s photo from his visit with Santa. I love getting all the packages from online Christmas shopping. I love prepping for my company Christmas party. I love driving by pretty houses all lit up. I love getting Christmas cards in the mail. But most of all, I love Liam’s excitement over everything. I can’t wait to enjoy some time off with our little family!
  • The other day I discovered Snickerdoodle lattes from Starbucks. It’s actually one of their new hot cocoa flavours, but can be made into a latte as well. You guys, it’s terribly sweet and a million calories but holy shit it’s yummy. Make sure you get it with whip and take a big lick off the top because the whip with the cinnamon sugar topping is what dreams are made of.
  • Of course I discover this heavenly latte right after declaring I need to cool it on my Starbucks purchases and then Starbucks For Life starts. Sigh. I’ll cut back on Starbucks in January. I promise. No really, I promise.
    img_8548
  • See that hairtie bracelet I have on in that photo? I happen to be giving one away on Instagram for you and a friend that’s to Arae Jewelry. Winner will be drawn on Friday so make sure you get entered. And in case you don’t win, you can always use code “BEXFACTOR” for 15% off your order.
  • Have you ordered your free National Parks Pass in celebration of Canada turning 150?
  • The Rosy Cheeks fask mask from Lush. It’s been saving my skin from the winter air and is a nice little weekly treat. For $12, the jar has lasted me a good handful of masks. I want to pick up the Cup O’Coffee and Don’t Look At Me ones next. Have you tried Lush face masks? #treatyoself
  • With it being so dang cold, I’m keeping warm in my new toque from Rella. Rella is a Canadian company that makes beautiful, modern knitwear for men and women. My toque, the Bea Cuff is 50% merino wool and fleece lined which makes it so much warmer than I ever expected. I almost wish they had matching kids toques because I would order Liam one for sure. Nonetheless, they have tons of different styles and colours of toques, headbands and mitts that would make a great gift for someone on your list. Check them out and let me know what style you’d choose!
    rella
  • Need some more shopping inspiration? Check out Lindsey’s Stocking Stuffer Ideas, Kaella’s What To Buy a Runner for Christmas guide, Ange’s Gift Guide for the Lady in Your Life & Gift Guide for Bloggers, 10 Gifts You Can Buy in Calgary from Bourbon & Honey,  the Budget Bytes 2016 Gift Guide. and lastly, the Bond Nutrition 2016 Gift Guide

Let’s hear what you’re loving lately!

*I received the Rella toque in exchange for this post, but as always, all opinions and reviews expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that continue to make this hobby of mine possible!

December 7, 2016 at 6:47 am

Those bracelets are brilliant! I was doing great with only going to Starbucks once a week but now I’ve been twice this week 🙂

December 7, 2016 at 6:50 pm

Haha twice in one week isn’t bad, I’ve been four times in the span of a week. Oops.

Ange // Cowgirl Runs
    December 7, 2016 at 8:54 am

Starbs for Life hack: you can request up to one free play each day b/c Canadian law states you don’t have to make a purchase to be able to play. You’re welcome.
    I’m also definitely trying that latte on Saturday. It’ll be my reward for waking up to go to barre and tutoring.

December 7, 2016 at 6:50 pm

When you get that latte, take a big lick of the whip because it’s amazing lol

December 7, 2016 at 10:36 am

Love your hat!! And I am with you, those bracelets are THE BEST. I have been trying to get our free pass but the site always says to check back later! Sigh. 😉 I may have to try that Starbucks drink….but if they are too sweet, I end up feeling so gross after. Hence why I stick to flat whites and I am obsessed.

December 7, 2016 at 6:49 pm

I got my pass yesterday!! It was a struggle because the page kept messing up while it was loading, but it worked!

December 7, 2016 at 11:22 am

2 pieces of good news: you don’t even have to buy anything from SB to play SBforLife, which yay! But the website has been a bit of a nightmare to log in to yesterday and today.
    AND, maybe this is bad, you can totally “make” a snickerdoodle latte anytime of the year: vanilla, caramel, and cinnamon dolce syrup. So good but so bad to know you can have it whenever you want. I’ve somehow still restricted my visits to just Sunday mornings.

Hmmm, loving? I don’t know. Christmas movies, fireplaces, and the potential of snow Sunday.

December 7, 2016 at 6:49 pm

The no-pay thing isn’t working for me! I’ve tried two days in a row and haven’t received the email. Womp.

Gah, how do you know all of these Starbucks hacks!! And why do you share them with me lol I’m in trouble.

Jen
    December 7, 2016 at 12:17 pm

I am loving everything about this Christmas season! Coming home to turn on the lights and the tree = heaven.
    I feel like I have spent an obscene amount of money at Starbucks lately because the caramel brulee latte is freaking amazing. I need an intervention. Stat. 😉

December 7, 2016 at 5:42 pm

Oooh the caramel brulee was my go to before I discovered the snickerdoodle!! so many yummy treats!

Nicole
    December 7, 2016 at 2:13 pm

I’m not even going to look into Starbucks for Life or else I will buy too many starbucks! Have you tried that drink half sweet? Sometimes I do that for the really sweet ones or I just get a tall.

I love the idea of those bracelets!

Christmas is seriously the best!

That hat is much needed in this bitterly cold weather!

December 7, 2016 at 5:42 pm

I do half sweet sometimes, but sometimes it’s just not the same lol I should really just order a tall though.

Jen @nutcaseinpoint
    December 8, 2016 at 1:43 am

Holy heck do I need that hair elastic bracelet!!!! Fingers crossed! Thanks for the reminder on the parks pass!

December 9, 2016 at 7:18 pm

Anytime!

Rachel @ Better LIVIN
    December 8, 2016 at 6:11 am

Thanks for sharing the Parks link! I was waiting until my next trip to Waterton but this was so much easier!

December 9, 2016 at 7:17 pm

You’re welcome!!

December 8, 2016 at 3:16 pm

I love Starbucks and Starbucks for life, but you can’t beat $1 coffees and McDonald’s right now!! No guilt that way 😉
    That toque is seriously cute on you! I keep trying to get the parks pass and it just says “error” when I add it to my cart 🙁
    I LOVE Christmas time! Seriously, it’s the best, especially when a toddler is involved.

December 9, 2016 at 7:17 pm

I haven’t even bought a single drink since starting Starbucks for Life because of the free daily play! woo!
      Glad you got a park pass!!

Danielle @ Wild Coast Tales
    December 11, 2016 at 12:04 pm

Thanks for the reminder to sign up for the Discovery Pass! Doing that today.

Ashley
    December 13, 2016 at 11:40 am

CURSE YOU FOR INFORMING ME ABOUT THE SNICKERDOODLE LATTE.

Also, I love you for it.

December 13, 2016 at 4:55 pm

I’m not sorry. You’re welcome. <3

Kaella On The Run
    December 15, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Thanks for sharing my post friend! I’m slowly catching up on everyone’s blogs from the past two weeks! Glad your Christmas party was a huge success! With you in charge…how could it not be?!