Weekend Recap

November 7, 2016

This weekend was full of gorgeous weather and a ton of down time so I could attempt to finally kick this cold. I was originally planning on spending the weekend in Calgary, but ultimately decided a weekend at home would be better. Spoiler alert: I still have this damn cold.

Weekend Recap

After work I came home and made some butternut squash gnocchi courtesy of Chef’s Plate and settled in to catch up on last week’s episode of This Is Us. I ended up crawling into bed early to read for a few hours before calling it a night. Thrilling, right?

Saturday
I had a bit of a much needed sleep in before getting up and cleaning the house before heading off to drop Liam’s outfit off for jujitsu. From there I took my car in for service and to get my winter tires put on, which feels a bit silly considering the seasons seem to be a bit confused right now. Since my parents had to come to town to drop my tires off (I store them at their place and they don’t fit in my car), we went to check out an escape room. It was a Sleepy Hollow theme and super fun but we didn’t manage to escape. Shortly after I picked my car back up, bid farewell to the folks and stocked up on groceries.

Once again, I settled in with some dinner and watched Southpaw before finishing Amy Schumer’s book.

My sneezy self woke up with a start, thinking I was going to be late meeting Mary for Sunday Runday. Thank goodness daylight savings saved me so I was able to enjoy my breakfast and cup of coffee before heading out. It was a gorgeous morning and great to have a catch up with Mary.

fullsizerender-51

From there I went to a friends place for brunch where we ate far too many carbs. I had zero complaints especially because there were mimosas.

Get ready for this exciting afternoon you guys…..I washed my floors and walls. Yup. That happened. My floors really needed washing since there were some sticky spots and I really only intended to spot clean some of the bad spots on the walls. Let me tell you, squeegee mops make it really easy to wash walls too. You’re welcome. The rest of the day was spent catching up on blog work and working on some photo books while watching Trainwreck.

And that about concludes the most boring weekend ever. Haha.

What did you get up to this weekend?

November 7, 2016 at 9:11 am

Was that your first time at escape room? I loved it! Yesterday was the perfect running day!

November 7, 2016 at 4:56 pm

This was my third room experience actually! They are so fun!

November 7, 2016 at 11:22 am

I was just going to ask what Lindsey asked: was this your first escape room experience? I’ve never gone but I want to so badly! Your weekend sounds like it was perfectly relaxing – just what you needed! 🙂 Also, was that your first time watching Southpaw?? I know we’ve talked about the movie before…but I can’t remember if you actually watched it before of not. I tear up just thinking about that movie!

November 7, 2016 at 4:56 pm

Haha no this was my third attempt at an escape room! I’ve gone twice with my coworkers.

And yeah I’ve watched Southpaw before too!! I bawled my eyes out when I first saw the preview and cried throughout the whole movie. So good. That’s why I decided to watch it again.

November 7, 2016 at 11:59 am

I want butternut squash gnocchi tooooo!! I wish Chefs Plate was available in Canmore! Wait, is it avail in every city/town? I don’t understand the way the world works anymore.

November 7, 2016 at 4:55 pm

I would think it should be available there so long as FedEx delivers there????? TRY IT!

November 7, 2016 at 2:04 pm

Sounds like a relaxing weekend! I want to try Escape Room too but feel like it would stress me out?! I hope you feel better soon!! So many rotten colds out there that just won’t go away!

November 7, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Haha they are super fun! You should try one!

Ange // Cowgirl Runs
    November 8, 2016 at 10:00 am

I’m totally going to be that a-hole because for some reason this irritates me.
    Daylight savings is when we lose an hour. DST ended, so now we’re on Standard time.
    I don’t know WHY this bugs me, but, it does <3

Your weekend sounds lovely. Sometimes we all just need a weekend where we can chill.

November 8, 2016 at 8:33 pm

Don’t be that guy Ange lol I know the difference

PS. I’m STILL not over this god damn cold.