What I’m Loving

November 2, 2016

Hey friends! How’s your week going so far? This week started out on a low note. Last week Liam was down and out with a cold and Sunday it took me down so I’ve been suffering the last few days. I’m so ready to have my energy back and get back into the swing of things. Can you believe it’s NOVEMBER? I know I can’t. I’m sad that Halloween is over. I’m definitely not prepared for the Christmas madness to begin. I know the next two months are going to fly. I think I have plans almost every weekend until Christmas now, which is absolutely crazy.

Anyways, lets chat about what I’m loving lately shall we?

What I'm Loving

• IT’S GILMORE GIRLS MONTH! The countdown is on and I couldn’t be more excited. I will be hosting a viewing party complete with junk food and take out. Who’s coming over?
  • Instagram’s new feature is a mental health game changer
  • The sneak peaks Tawyna has been posting from our photo session a couple weekends ago. I absolutely love them so far and can’t wait to see all the shots she got hopefully later this week! Edit: I received my gallery last night and I cried. They are amazing!

• Speaking of Tawnya, she introduced me to the Toffee Nut latte from Starbucks. Oh man, it’s a gooder you guys. What I’m not loving? Having to reign in my Starbucks consumption. My spending has been a little out of control lately.
  • A few weeks ago I popped into Bond Nutrition to load up on some snacks and supplements. They hooked me up with this amazing BCAA, which has been an absolute savior for the intense workouts I’ve been doing lately. My body is definitely not used to all these new workouts I’ve been doing and this stuff helps reduce muscle soreness plus gives me a good caffeine boost to get me through those workouts without keeping me up all night. The flavour is amazing too. Highly recommend if you’re looking to add a new BCAA to your supplement stack. Also, Bond just did a two part Facebook Live session with a local naturopath talking about women’s hormone health that’s worth giving a watch.
    fullsizerender-13
  • I just got a pair of the Brooks Glycerin 14’s in the mail this week and I so can’t wait to try them out. Hopefully this weekend? Does anyone else love the smell of new running shoes as much as me? That reminds me, SeaWheeze registration is this month and guess who’s thinking of signing up for her first half marathon? Gulp.
  • Last thing for my local pals. CalfSkit. Our local, lovable improv group’s twist on classic fairy tales. I took Liam recently and he loved it. It’s a great family activity for the chilly winter afternoons.

That’s all for today.

Lets chat! What have you been loving lately?

November 2, 2016 at 6:44 am

Where do they post their events? I missed that one 🙁 I think Avery would love it!
    Tawnya is so talented, we are in love with our photos too!
    I’m excited for Sea Wheeze already and hoping I get registered!

November 2, 2016 at 7:04 am

I have a postcard with all of their events but they should be on their website. I was going to text you but it was super last minute that we decided to go. Next one!!

November 2, 2016 at 7:12 am

I have only just begun season 2 of Gilmore Girls. I don’t know how I missed this show when it was originally since I know one of my roommates actually watched it. I was hoping to be finished by November 25 but it is highly unlikely that I will be.

I had no idea that Instagram had that feature! Thanks for sharing that and I hope that it helps out those who need it.

November 2, 2016 at 7:40 am

Starbucks has a toffee nut latte??? I need to try that.
    Also that picture of Liam is amazing. Tawnya is so talented.

November 2, 2016 at 4:37 pm

She really is! Why I’m a repeat customer!

Tawnya
    November 2, 2016 at 8:03 am

So glad you love the photos!! Girl, just get a blonde roast with two pumps toffee nut and a splash of cream or milk! It’s my go too, a little less sweet and cheaper!!

November 2, 2016 at 4:37 pm

AH! Thanks for the tip! I never knew what kind of combo to put into regular coffee to make it taste good. I’ll have to remember this with all my favourite drinks!

Danielle @ Wild Coast Tales
    November 2, 2016 at 9:09 am

I didn’t know about that new Instagram feature, that’s great! I hope it does help. I’m thinking of signing up for Seawheeze too! How exciting – your first half marathon. I’m sure it would be a great race to do as your first!

November 2, 2016 at 4:38 pm

I don’t really have any desire to run a half if I’m being honest, but SeaWheeze always looks like so much fun, I feep having FOMO year after year. I figure if I’m going to do a half, might as well make it fun!

November 2, 2016 at 9:56 am

Yes, Tawnya. I have the same advice – save money by getting the syrup in regular coffee. Or; you can buy any of the syrups (except seasonal) and pumps at the store and add it at home. A bottle is $12, which is absolutely no more than 3-5 SB visits which makes it ridiculously economical and lasts 1-3 months depending on how much you put in.

Currently, my morning cup is: brewed coffee + cinnamon dolce syrup + microwave steamed milk for an amazing at home flavoured cafe au lait.

Needing new runners but don’t love all the effort involved in finding a new pair.

November 2, 2016 at 4:39 pm

Mmmm that sounds yummy.

Leslie H
    November 2, 2016 at 10:30 am

I used to use BCAAs but then stopped for some reason… I am not sure why.. I should get back to them. They really do make a difference.

November 2, 2016 at 10:41 am

I’m excited for Gilmore Girls too! I’m only on season 3 right now (this is the first time I’ve watched the series. Weird, right?)
    I used to use BCAAs but kinda forgot/don’t really need them as I’m not training for anything endurance-y.

That pic of Liam is adorable. Even *I* want to frame it!!!

November 2, 2016 at 4:39 pm

LOL there’s one of him getting a puppy kiss that is even more framable. Who am I kidding, I want to frame them all!

Ange // Cowgirl Runs
    November 2, 2016 at 10:46 am

OMG I seriously can’t wait for Gilmore Girls!
    My barre studio booked a team teach that night and I’m all “yeah no, it’s Gilmore Girls time”.

November 2, 2016 at 4:36 pm

Does your barre studio not watch Gilmore Girls?! WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!

November 2, 2016 at 12:43 pm

Love the pictures Tawnya got of you and Liam! So cute. I haven’t watched any of Gilmore Girls and don’t quite get the craze- don’t hate for me that!

November 2, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Well obviously you don’t get the craze if you’ve never watched it!! It’s just a fun, quirky, feel good show. I don’t know why I love it so much but it really is my favourite.

laura @ scribbles and sass
    November 3, 2016 at 9:20 am

so pumped for new gilmore girls!

November 3, 2016 at 1:37 pm

I want my photos taken by Tawnya now! What will you do with all the photos because I would want to print them ALL out! I’m never going to catch up in time with Gilmore Girls, but I would still attend your party 😉 And YES you best be trying to register for SeaWheeze! We HAVE to go together so we can run/walk it with each other!!

November 4, 2016 at 6:41 pm

Hahaha come on up to visit that day!!

Are you going to register for SeaWheeze next year?!

Kaella On The Run
    November 3, 2016 at 3:04 pm

YES!! SEAWHEEZE!!!!

November 7, 2016 at 12:57 pm

LOVE the photos I have seen that she took for you guys, so beautiful. Toffee nut lattes were my fav for a while now I am obsessed with Flat Whites. MMMmmm

November 7, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Oooh I don’t think I’ve had a flat white yet! I will have to try one day.