Weekend Recap

October 24, 2016

I was so happy to have Liam back this weekend. We enjoyed a pretty quiet weekend together and I wouldn’t have had it any other way.

Weekend Recap

I kicked off the weekend with a quick trip to the mall to pick up something to wear for my photo session on Sunday before heading to 30 Minute Hit. I love kicking off the weekend with a good sweaty workout. Jess and I had a blast getting our butts kicked on the circuit.

img_8006

While I definitely wanted nothing more than to go home and dive into a bowl of cereal, I popped into a girlfriends house for a much needed catch up instead. The only thing missing was the glass of wine that we forgot to pour. How does that even happen?

Saturday
I was up and out of the house early to grab some coffee and head to Liam’s last swimming lessons of this session. Afterward, we grabbed some groceries before heading home for lunch. I had hoped we could spend the afternoon getting and carving a pumpkin, but he wanted to stay home and play with all the toys from his birthday party since he had been at his dads since the party. While he played all afternoon, I took advantage of the time to make my first ever chicken pot pie. It’s one of my favourite meals and I can’t believe I’d never made one before! It turned out so good, although a bit too much pepper which means Liam won’t eat it. More for me!

img_8035

Once Liam was in bed, I opted for a little bit of self care. I gave myself a hair mask and face mask before settling on the couch with that bowl of cereal and the first episode of This Is Us. Have you tried the face masks from Lush? This was my first time trying one and I’m hooked. My face was so soft and smooth. I’ll likely be picking up more and making it a weekly thing from now on.

I loved This Is Us even though it was terrible quality on YouTube. I seriously dislike how CTV locked down the old episodes since I don’t have a cable provider to login with to watch. Anybody want to share their details with me so I can finish catching up?

Liam woke me up shortly before 8, giving us just enough time to eat breakfast, drink a coffee and head out the door for Sunday Runday. He was pretty thrilled to have some play time with a friend. We came home and I ate a second breakfast while he coloured and played Lego. I eventually started getting ready for photos, since Tawnya had driven up from Lethbridge to spend the afternoon with us.

She came over just after lunch and we enjoyed a latte while catching up before heading out. It was a a gorgeous afternoon to be out exploring and we had a blast. Liam was a champ through it all. He could have done with a nap that afternoon and was tired of walking to different locations by the end, but he powered through. On the way back home he so sweetly asked if we could go to Famoso for supper. Tawnya can attest to how sweet it was, there was no way I could say no.

img_8044

Then it was bed time for him, laundry and blog work for me before heading to bed with my book and a cup of tea.

I wish I could have one more day with this little nugget instead of going back to work. The weekends always end way too quickly.

What did you get up to this weekend?
Have you carved a pumpkin yet this year?

October 24, 2016 at 10:42 am

I LOOOVE Lush! They made me a sample of a rose face mask a while ago and I’ve been meaning to stop by and pick up some more.
    I’m also obsessed with their charcoal face mask/scrub. And the sea salt body scrub!

October 24, 2016 at 8:06 pm

The rose mask is what I got!! I loved it and want more!

October 24, 2016 at 10:52 am

He is the cutest date! That coat!! 🙂 So cute. Can’t wait to see the photos!! I love that top photo of you. You’ve been killin’ it with the workouts!

October 24, 2016 at 8:05 pm

Thanks girl!

Hehe isn’t that little jacket adorable? He got it for his birthday!

October 24, 2016 at 12:32 pm

Ah can’t wait to see how your pictures turned out! Liam’s outfit looked pretty darn dapper. I don’t know if I’ve tried a single thing at Lush!

October 24, 2016 at 8:05 pm

Hehe, he did have a cute outfit on but I wish the wind wasn’t so chilly so we didn’t have to wear our coat/sweater.

Ah! I love Lush! Truthfully I don’t use many beauty products, but it’s fun to treat myself to a new bath bomb every once in awhile. And well, now it’ll be bath bombs and face masks.

October 24, 2016 at 2:39 pm

I have been craving Famoso! Jealous 😉
    I cannot stand the smell of Lush so never go in there! It is an instant headache for me 🙁 What type of mask?

October 24, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Had I known I would have invited you guys for dinner too!!

I totally understand about the smell thing. That’s how I feel in a lot of places too. It was a rose mask. It was so great because the smell was mild.

Tawnya
    October 24, 2016 at 3:25 pm

I keep meaning to try some lush facemasks, my sister swears by them! I had so much fun with you guys, thank you for having me! Also, he was so sweet asking to go to Famoso, there is no way I would have been able to say no to him! LOL

October 24, 2016 at 8:04 pm

I realize now that he was probably totally manipulating me because you were there, knowing I’d have a harder time saying no in front of someone lol. Kids. Oh well, it was a fun little date to end the weekend.

Seriously, I still am so grateful that you made that drive here and back in one day to do our photos. Words can’t thank you enough. Even after one sneak peak, I know it’s going to be amazing. <3

October 24, 2016 at 8:37 pm

So funny story…my high school boyfriend bought me a lush gift basket for Christmas one year and I was SO disappointed, lol. I was like, “bath products?!” Haha…current me would ALL over that kind of gift now! I haven’t actually bought anything from lush although I always say I’m going to! Must change that!

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! I can’t wait to see all the photos from your shoot. I LOVE Liam’s little blazer sweater – so adorable! I had a terrible weekend (pregnancy related) but I did get to spend a lot of time in bed so that was ok, haha.

October 26, 2016 at 5:29 pm

Um yeah you definitely need to treat yourself to some Lush stuff!!

Nicole
    October 25, 2016 at 7:58 pm

I could never get into Lush products but maybe because I can’t smell?? But yet the store always gave me a headache! I’ve bought lots of gifts there though- for people who asked for it!

Can’t wait to see your photos with Tawnya!! Liam looks adorable in his little blazer! I am totally guilty of giving in to things when they ask so sweetly!

October 26, 2016 at 5:28 pm

You can’t smell?! Say what?!

Leslie H
    October 27, 2016 at 9:32 am

I love lush masks! Actually I love almost everything from there ha ha
    All of the new workout places you are trying sounds like so much fun! I am a little jealous 😉

Jack
    November 3, 2016 at 9:28 am

I have not used Lush products before. I am looking for some new facial products. I think I should try it. Thanks for your recommendation. And Liam is such a cute kid, especially in a batman T-shirt.