Oh hey friends, happy hump day! How is the week going? Mine has been busy so far. I’ve been getting my butt to the gym while Liam is with his dad, which fills up my evenings. I’ve also been binge watching Stranger Things while trying to catch up on the meal prep, cleaning and blog work that didn’t get done over the weekend. I’ve definitely got my sights on the weekend and am excited to celebrate the second birthday of my best friends twins, and then spend Thanksgiving with my family and Ange, who will be coming home with me for the weekend! What’s not to love about that?! Let’s see what else I’ve been loving over the last few weeks…
- Oil Pulling – This is something I’ve always been curious to try. Being kind of a hippy at heart, I like to try new nature ways to keep my body healthy and happy and being a coffee addict, I could use all the help I can get in the teeth whitening department. If you have no idea what oil pulling is, basically you swish coconut oil around in your mouth for 10-20 minutes to draw out toxins and it helps to whiten teeth, prevent cavaties, freshen breath and more. I was always too skeptical to try oil pulling on my own though, so I jumped at the chance to try out Kismet Essentials Coco Rinse. The first time I did it, I totally gagged, but by the end of the two weeks I actually really enjoyed the minty oil to start my day. While I didn’t notice a huge difference over those two weeks, I am definitely a believer that this could produce some results. I tried to continue with regular coconut after my Coco Rinse was all gone, but it’s just not as tasty, haha. I love that Kismet Essentials is a Canadian company too.
- A Fan Asks Mike Rowe For Life Advice… His Response Is Truly Brilliant. – I love this advice but I can’t help but feel like I’m both Parker and Claire in this article.
- Marc Jacobs Lip Creme in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang – if you follow me on Snapchat, you’ll have already seen how much I love this stuff. I got it from Sephora as the birthday gift and instantly fell in love with the colour. I don’t usually wear lip colour to work, but did on a whim yesterday and that colour stayed put until lunch without needing to reapply. I’m pretty sure this is how Sephora hooks you on the expensive products, but whatever, it’s worth it.
- Beet Bowl from Chopped Leaf – The other day I was rushing from a hair appointment to the Lorna Jane party I was hosting with Lindsey. We decided to grab some take-out and Chopped Leaf is super close to her place. Their new Beet Bowl was amazing and the meal size bowl was literally never ending. I felt like it took me an hour to get through it all and I’ve been dreaming about it ever since.
- Fall – still loving it. Despite the temperatures being quite chilly this week, the beautiful fall colours are holding on longer than they usually do. The sound of crunching leaves under my feet makes me happy. I’m crossing my fingers that no big storms roll through to blow all the leaves off the trees before my photo session with Tawnya in a couple weeks!
- The Abbie Sports Bra from Lorna Jane – I purchased this at the above mentioned shopping party we hosted. I didn’t really need a new sports bra, but I was drawn to the unique back and colour. It was said to be high support and good for cardio and I have to say, they weren’t lying. It’s great quality and gives me the support I need while still being cute AF. It’s going to be a dangerous thing when Lorna Jane opens their doors in Calgary in a few weeks. If anyone needs Christmas gift ideas, just go there.
- My Arae Hair Tie Bracelet – For as long as I can remember, I’ve always had a hair tie on my wrist. I’m sure it’s the same for most girls with longer hair, because there’s nothing worse than needing to put your hair up and not being able to find a hair tie. I also remember always getting in trouble during photoshoots for having it on. But, with the hair tie bracelet, I can wear a hair tie all day every day and get complimented on my pretty bracelet. I’m tempted to order a couple more colours so I have one for every outfit. Want your own? Use code BEXFACTOR and save 15%!
What have YOU been loving lately?