Oh hey ya’ll. Happy Thursday! I’m pretty excited to share a whole bunch of the random thoughts I’ve had in my brain with you today. Grab a cup of joe because it’s time to think out loud…I’m linking up with Running With Spoons
- Happy first official day of fall. It’s felt like fall around here for a couple weeks now and I’m not even sad about it. I mean sure, I miss warmer temperatures, it’s so dark so early already and I’m definitely not excited that winter is just around the corner. But I love pulling out my scarves, sweaters, boots and baking hearty soups, casseroles and stews, the falling leaves and the refreshed energy I feel. I’m not even sorry for my love of fall.
- This afternoon I’m getting my hair done, then grabbing the new Beet Bowl from Chopped Leaf and heading to Lindsey’s for our Lorna Jane shopping party! If you’re local, I hope you’ll come check out this amazing line of fitness gear and if you’re not local, it’s really too bad.
- Today is my blog’s 8th birthday. EIGHT! Can you believe it? I started a blog not knowing blogging was a thing. It was just my space to flex my writing muscles as a hobby and has grown into what it is today. Thank you to each and every one of you for reading and supporting me and helping me grow this little blog into something cool.
- I want to make an amendment to my birthday wish list. I would really like someone to fund a trip to Costco to buy all the things. Also, I turn 30 in one week. Gulp.
- To be honest, I haven’t been thinking about my birthday. Originally I thought I’d plan something big to do to celebrate, but I’ve been more focused on planning Liam’s party as usual. My original plans fell through and now I’m scrambling trying to come up with something else. I’m stressing about it and really hoping everything will come together. Does someone want to be my personal assistant and help me plan?
- If you haven’t yet read One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid, GO READ IT NOW. It’s hands down my favourite book of 2016. You’re welcome.
- I need to rant about Old Navy for a minute. I generally stick to shopping online because their stores always look like a tornado blew threw it and I can’t stand it. I’ve never once seen an Old Navy store look clean and organized. But that’s a whole other rant. A few weeks ago I was browsing for fall clothes for Liam and noticed they now have “husky” and “slim” sections for boys, “plus” and “slim” for girls, “tall” and “big” for men, and “tall”, “petite” and “plus” for women. WHY?! I truly don’t understand why they can’t just make a wide range of sizes to fit different bodies without having to label them differently? With body image issues being so huge these days, this does nothing to help it. Do better, Old Navy.
- I’m really excited about a giant project I’ve been working on. Part of it includes a new series to the blog and part of it includes a huge collaboration with a local business. I’m really excited to share it once all the details are ironed out! I know, so vague right?
That’s all I got today. Tell me something that’s been on your mind!