What I’m Loving

August 4, 2016

Happy almost Friday friends. This short week has been whizzing by for me! While work has been on the slower side, my evenings have been jam packed with workouts, visiting friends, shopping and trying to catch up on housework. I’m counting down until the weekend when Kaella comes to stay! I’ve been bugging her to come up to Red Deer for a couple years now and she’s going to be running the Mud Hero on Sunday (I opted out of running as it’s my weekend with Liam).

What I'm Loving

• Chef’s Plate – have you guys signed up yet? I’m still waffling over what meals to order next. They all sound so amazing that I just can’t decide! Don’t forget to use my code (#thebexfactor) to save $33 bucks/3 plate credits off your first order. I promise you won’t be sad about it.
  • Speaking of food, I just love that my fridge is stocked with fresh, locally grown food. I’ve hardly been to the grocery store for more than a couple items in the last few weeks. All of my fruit comes from the local markets, my vegetables are all from my CSA share, not to mention cheeses, sauces, kombucha, cold brew coffee and more all purchased from local producers. It makes my heart really happy opening the fridge these days!
  • Let’s just keep going with the local love shall we? The Bra Lounge is having their summer clearance this week. Tons of bras are $25 right now (when prices range from $50-200, that is a steal for sure). I went in to check it out and walked out with $325 in goods with more items on order. Oops. That’s what happens when you know the owner and she just starts thrusting handfuls of things at you to try on. I know it seems crazy to spend so much money on underthings, but as a well-endowed lady, I have to say it’s worth the investment for quality pieces that fit properly and will last longer than the stuff you’ll find at the mall. If you’re local, I definitely recommend going in for a fitting and seeing what you can find. If you’re not local, they do Skype fittings too!
  • I’ve apparently been on a bit of a shopping spree because I took advantage of the Nordstrom sale and purchased a new bedding set. Most of my friends know I’m a bit Betsey Johnson obsessed, and while it isn’t the set I originally wanted, I think the set I ordered will be a fun new upgrade to my room. I’d really like to repaint my walls, but not sure what colour to go with now. Light pink? Bright white? Whatever it is has to be based around this comforter and my pink floral artwork. PS. Benefits of being single? Having the girliest bedroom possible.
  • When friends go on vacation and bring you back new beer to try! I’ll gladly accept beer and wine from your travels.
  • I’m pretty obsessed with Alive by Sia. Like, on repeat full blast all day erryday.
  • Air Canada To Start Charging For Emotional Baggage

what i'm loving july

Let’s hear what you’re loving lately? Food? Music? Home decor? I want to know!

August 4, 2016 at 6:32 am

Love the Bra Lounge! I’ve been telling everyone to go to the sale , thanks for the heads up!

KaellaOnTheRun
    August 4, 2016 at 7:00 am

I want to go to the bra lounge lol!!

Also, so excited to see you!!!! Sorry for taking so long to come visit!!

I’m really considering ordering Chef’s Plate.. I like the idea of not having to think about what’s for supper.

August 4, 2016 at 7:08 am

You should totally go while you’re here!! I think the sale goes until Saturday!
      Also, I definitely think you should order from Chefs Plate. It’s quick, healthy, fresh and so easy to throw together after a busy day.

August 4, 2016 at 7:32 am

I was considering getting a CSA this year but ultimately decided against it since I was afraid I would waste from being away so often.
    I’m looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

August 4, 2016 at 8:56 pm

Understandable. I have a half share, so I pick up every second week and it still feels like too much for me.

Heather
    August 4, 2016 at 9:25 am

Friends that bring you beer are the best kind of friends to have! If I was closer by I’d totally take advantage of that bra sale – I need a couple of new ones!

August 4, 2016 at 8:56 pm

I swear friends who bring beer or coffee are the best. You’ll win my heart over every time.

August 7, 2016 at 8:22 pm

I was so bummed nursing bras weren’t included in the sale, but I’m pretty sure my wallet is thanking me 😉 But I will be back to be properly fitted one day!

What colour are your bedroom walls right now? I can’t remember…but I’m a fan of white, especially if you’re going to have bright and loud sheets and art work 🙂

August 8, 2016 at 7:35 am

Yes, you definitely need to go when you’re done round 2 of nursing. Don’t blame me when you can’t go back to anything else though.

Well, the painting doesn’t matter now because that bedding isn’t coming. Stupid Nordstrom. My walls are all currently white. Or at least they were before toddler hands dirtier every surface.