Weekend Recap

July 25, 2016

It was a great summer weekend and I’m definitely sad that it’s over. Can I go on holidays again?

Weekend Recap

I was very happy to see the end of the workday on Friday. I headed to pick up my first veggie box (you can see what I get bi-weekly on Snapchat), then made a stop by Troubled Monk to pick up a bottle of their current seasonal brew, the Berliner Style Weiss with handcrafted raspberry syrup. Then it was off to yoga in the park where I had a blissful practice in sunshine.

All I wanted after yoga was a big greasy pizza to enjoy with my beer while catching up on some shows. I resisted the temptation though, having a salad while catching up on the first two episodes of Season 6 of Suits.

Saturday
I headed to the farmer’s market in the morning to stock up on some BC fruit, kombucha and some breakfast. I ran a few errands after to pass the time before heading to a baby shower. I didn’t snap any photos but it was one of the most gorgeous baby showers ever. And the little peanut is already born which means I snuck in some tiny baby snuggles.

By the time the shower was done, I was battling a nasty headache so I went home for a glorious nap before dinner. I met up with my aunt, uncle and grandma at La Casa Pergola. Between lobster fries to start, lobster ravioli and some delicious white wine, I was stuffed by the end.

I had a much-needed sleep in before picking Liam up. My parents joined us for an afternoon out at the fair. I plan to recap our entire fair week later this week, but it’s safe to say Liam had a blast. We came home and watched a bit of a movie before bed. Liam crashed hard.

We’re ready for the week ahead but definitely have our sights set on the long weekend. Can you believe there’s only one week left of July?!

How was your weekend?

July 25, 2016 at 7:36 am

I can’t believe how fast the summer is going! It’s making me so sad.
    Also, what are lobster fries?

July 25, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Agreed!

It’s basically like lobster poutine. Their fries are amazing and they top them with lobster and this amazing sauce. Oh man. So good.

Jen @nutcaseinpoint
    July 25, 2016 at 8:07 am

I need more troubled monk! Which means I need to get to red deer soon! Summer is just FLYING by! Props to resisting the pizza urge haha

July 25, 2016 at 9:28 pm

YES YOU DO!

I still want that damn pizza. Come over so we can drink beer and eat pizza??

July 25, 2016 at 9:22 am

What do you think of Suits so far?

July 25, 2016 at 9:28 pm

I don’t hate it, but I miss old Suits.

July 25, 2016 at 11:42 am

I already feel like summer is almost over and it feels like it never really began! Insert panic mode!

Jealous of your veggie box! I want one.

July 25, 2016 at 9:27 pm

I’m having the same anxiety about summer feeling like it’s almost over when it hardly feels like it’s begun. It’s going way too fast!!

Haha, if you lived closer I would share with you because I’m certain I will have way too many veggies for just me and Liam.

Ange // Cowgirl Runs
    July 25, 2016 at 1:34 pm

Damn, Suits is INSANE this season.
    However, Mike would NOT be in that type of prison for his crime. I get they needed it for the storyline, but that so wouldn’t happen.

TELL ME WHAT LOBSTER FRIES ARE AND HOW TO GET THEM.

July 25, 2016 at 9:26 pm

I kind of miss old Suits, solving cases like the badass lawyers they are.

It was lobster poutine essentially. It’s amazing.

July 25, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Ahhh I have so much watching of Suits to do in my future (I’m only 2 seasons in!).

Who is your veggie box through? A CSA? Is that the right term? haha. Do you have trouble getting through the veggies? That’s always been my worry. I’m so sad we missed out on coming to the fair this year. Next year FOR SURE.

July 26, 2016 at 7:25 am

YES! Get on that Suits watching!

It’s a CSA through Steel Pony Farms here in Red Deer. I love it. The veggies are so good and I know the farmer which makes it really cool. I only have a half share, so every two weeks instead of every week. Last time I had a share I did have trouble getting through it but this year I’m going to be diligent about preparing it (freezing it, etc) so it doesn’t go to waste before I’m able to use it.

July 26, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Sounds like a great weekend! So glad Suits is back on. Do you watch Ray Donovan at all?

July 26, 2016 at 6:27 pm

No I’ve never heard of that one. Worth watching?