Last week I was a bit absent from the online world while my parents, Liam and I relaxed in Invermere, BC. We unfortunately didn’t escape the rain that has been putting a damper on summer, which meant it was a pretty low key week hanging around our rental. We did our best to get in some fun and take advantage of the sunny breaks. Here are some of the highlights:
- Fairmont Funtasia – a total tourist trap, but worth it to hear Liam’s screams of delight as he ran from animal to animal. Also, his first bumper car experience.
- Fort Steele – a fun little historic town where we took a steam engine ride, a horse drawn carriage ride, indulged in ice cream and old fashioned candy, and chatted with the locals
- Picnics and wildlife spotting – Liam loved helping pack the cooler and his backpack full of adventure gear, map in hand as we headed off in search of bears and sunshine
- Spray park – the lake had a ‘swimmers itch’ warning, which was not something I wanted to potentially deal with so we avoided the beach and lake and opted for the splash park and various playgrounds instead
- Stops at Arrowhead Brewing Company and Kicking Horse Cafe – because coffee and beer are staples in my diet
- Liam offering to pay for dinner when he acquired some of Grandpa’s change
- Teaching my folks how to play Dutch Blitz, which is my new favourite card game thanks to Brie
- Almost peeing my pants laughing as my parents used Snapchat filters for the first time
- Having a full week with my little man, without the demands of life, to just have fun and enjoy our time together. While the week may not have panned out exactly as we hoped, I am so glad that we had that time together where I could really see his personality shine. Liam is such a smart, funny kid, he constantly had us in fits of giggles. I’m so proud to be his mama, and wish we could have more days just like this week.
I’m back to reality today and wishing I could just be on vacation forever!