What I’m Loving

July 6, 2016

Hey party people. Happy Wednesday. Unless you’re me, in which case it’s my Friday. I have the next few days off from work and am so incredibly happy to have a break from the office and to spend some time with Liam.

Let’s get into some things I’ve been loving lately, shall we?

What I'm Loving

• The mountains. They’ve been calling for some time and I was finally able to answer on Sunday. I can’t stop dreaming of the incredible views from Mount Rundle and am itching to go back. Ha Ling, you’re next!
  • Speaking of hiking, I really want the Brooks Cascadia’s. Perhaps someone wants to gift me a super early birthday present? Complete with a new adventure backpack too?
  • Yesterday was my best friend’s five year wedding anniversary. Thanks to the Timehop app, I’ve been reminiscing about all the fun we had in Mexico celebrating her nuptials.
    Mexico
  • 25 Things I Had Wish I Had Known 10 Years Ago
  • This Happiest at the Lake tank from Little Blue Canoe
  • My new TomTom Spark Cardio + Music – this is the ultimate fitness watch! It can do everything I could ever want it to, including play music over bluetooth headphones. Watch for a full review once I’ve had time to play with it more.
    BFEQ4766
  • Cool and Refreshing Salads for Summer – I love salads in the summer and always make a point to load up on fresh produce at the local markets. I’m pretty excited to have scored a veggie share this year and can’t wait for my first box.
  • Meet the Mustachioed, Beer-Drinking “Hero” Who Crashed the Trials 10K
  • Me Before You – I read the book a couple weeks ago and saw the movie last night. I’m a sucker for a good love story. The movie was very well done and left me wiping the tears away at the end. Have you seen it yet?
  • The new Blink 182 album. I’m super bummed to be missing their show next week.

I want to know what you’re loving lately!

July 7, 2016 at 8:23 am

I didn’t know Blink 182 was coming out with a new album. I debated seeing them in Calgary but the tickets for the Cowboys tent were $100 that’s too much for me to justify.

July 7, 2016 at 8:31 am

Oh I didn’t realize that’s where they were playing. I’d pay $100 to see them play a stadium show just for Travis Barker’s flying drum solos because it’s amazing. But maybe not for the Cowboys tent.

July 7, 2016 at 8:59 am

I dread salads or eating super healthy way less in the summer than the rest of the year. The produce is so good. Already had Ontario strawberries and watermelon this morning!

Want to see Me Before You but will definitely wait till I can watch it from home; I know I’ll cry and just can’t watch it in the theatre.

Enjoy your few days off with Liam. It’s a billion degrees over here so I’m hiding in the basement and waiting for a book to be returned to the libs.

July 7, 2016 at 9:35 am

Hurry up and come back to the mountains soon. I’ll take ya adventuring.

Right now I’m loving BC fruit (cherries & peaches!), my new Fitbit, Lush products (their scrubs and masks are amazing) … that’s all I can think of right now.

I hope you’re having a wonderful week. 🙂 xoxoxoxoxox

July 7, 2016 at 9:40 am

As soon as I have another kid-free day on a weekend, I’ll come back! For sure.

Mmmm, I love Lush stuff too. I need to make another trip to stock up.

Rachel @ Better LIVIN
    July 7, 2016 at 10:52 am

Isn’t the TomTom Spark awesome? I’m a bit obsessed with mine and tell everyone about all it’s merits whenever they ask. ha ha!

July 7, 2016 at 4:15 pm

Yes! I haven’t had mine a week yet but so far am in love. Do you wear yours all day everyday?

July 7, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Take me to climb Ha-Ling! Pleeeeeease? 🙂
    I didn’t know Blink 182 had a new album out! I couldn’t believe how much tickets were to see them here and not even at a “real” venue. I heard they have a show in Edmonton though and tickets are only $40…
    I’m excited for you to get away on vacation! You deserve it 🙂

July 7, 2016 at 4:14 pm

Haha deal. When though….?

Wow that’s quite the contrast in ticket prices. Where are they playing in Edmonton?