Weekend Recap

June 27, 2016

Hard to believe that was the last weekend in June already!! I know summer technically just began, but it feels like it’s going by so fast already! Liam and I spent our weekend relaxing and enjoying the lack of plans.

Weekend Recap

We came home and had a quick dinner before heading to the movie theatre to watch Finding Dory. The movie was super cute and Liam really enjoyed it. I’m always so surprised by how well he does at the theatre and look forward to more movie dates with him in the future.

We got home around 9pm and Liam went straight to bed. Let’s be honest, I went straight to bed too so I could read my book (Me Before You).

Saturday
We woke up to pouring rain and spent the morning watching cartoons (Liam) and reading (me) until the rain let up. It had been weeks since our last trip to the farmer’s market and we braved the gloomy day to get our market fix. Luckily the rain mostly held off so we could grab some fresh produce, refill our kombucha and have some lunch.

Shortly after we got home, my dad stopped in for a visit. We headed out for ice cream and to a new-to-us playground for the afternoon since it turned out to be a gorgeous day. Cassandra and Amelia joined us for a quick visit as well. Somehow Liam ended up eating two ice cream cones which made him a bit wild until he crashed hard. I was supposed to make an appearance at a retirement party, but with an early morning and no nap, Liam was fast asleep by 7 so that didn’t happen.

I took advantage of the early evening watching an episode of Gilmore Girls and then powering through a good chunk of my book.

We woke up to rain again, which meant another lazy morning watching cartoons and reading. Liam gets so excited on the weekends when we don’t have to go to the dayhome these days. He just loves hanging out at home and I can’t say I minded on these dreary mornings this weekend. Eventually, we did make ourselves presentable to head to Heritage Ranch for brunch with some of the Blog Squad and kiddos. It was so nice that some of the Calgary crew drove up for a visit! We spent a few hours eating and visiting/tending to the kiddos. I can’t say enough how much I love their brunch. So much food but it’s always so, so good. By the time we were done, the clouds and rain disappeared and we moved over to the playground to let the kids burn off some energy.  Of course, like the terrible blogger I am, I forgot to snap any group photos.

Liam wasn’t ready to go home yet, so we hit up another playground for a bit before coming home from dinner that probably neither of us needed after that brunch. I did some BBQ meal prep for the week. If you follow me on Snapchat, you’ll notice that I really love to BBQ and I’m so happy to have my BBQ back. I had to move it for a few months to try and get rid of the pigeons that keep trying to nest under it. Of course a week after moving the BBQ back, the damn birds came back so I’ve tied some netting around it and hope that will prevent them from getting in and find somewhere else to make their home.

Liam fell asleep early again which was no surprise after an afternoon spent outside. After throwing in a load of laundry, having a quick shower and doing some blog work, I crawled into bed to finish my book.

I’m looking forward to a short work week and hopefully enjoying a fun Canada Day weekend!

How did you spend your last weekend of June?

June 27, 2016 at 7:41 am

I don’t think any of us took a photo. How terrible are we!

June 27, 2016 at 8:52 pm

Worst bloggers ever, haha.

Leslie H
    June 27, 2016 at 8:00 am

One of the best things about summer is the BBQ 🙂 And the clean up after a meal is so easy which is even better!
    It looks like you had a great week 🙂 It’s nice the rain cleared up after brunch so you guys could be outside for a bit!

June 27, 2016 at 8:51 pm

I so agree. I would cook everything on the BBQ every day and eat out on the balcony if I could. We take full advantage on the nice days.

June 27, 2016 at 8:46 am

It sounds like you had a great weekend! Rainy mornings at home with no pressure to do anything are the best 🙂 Thanks again for organizing the brunch- it was so delicious!

June 27, 2016 at 8:51 pm

I’m glad you came to brunch and got to experience my favourite brunch spot! Wish everyone could have stayed longer!

June 27, 2016 at 10:53 am

“Last weekend of June” – my heart just skipped a beat. Why is summer flying by way too quickly already?!

Did you like Finding Dory? It’s pretty awesome that adults seem to be more excited about it than the kiddos, hey?

I hope you have a lovely week, Becky! 🙂

June 27, 2016 at 8:50 pm

The movie was cute. I always enjoy the jokes that the kids don’t quite get. I laughed way more than Liam did hahaha.

Ange // Cowgirl Runs
    June 27, 2016 at 4:16 pm

I adore lazy rainy mornings!
    Soooo good to see you this weekend!

June 27, 2016 at 8:46 pm

They are seriously the best. I wish I could have kept you longer 🙁

June 27, 2016 at 4:40 pm

That brunch was SO good!! I’m so glad you and Lindsey organized the get together! I can’t believe we forgot to take a group photo! I’m super impressed by your BBQing skills – I’ve never ever done drum sticks on the BBQ (and by me, I mean, making Jim do it haha). How long does it take? Any tips? Do you use a BBQ sauce? I’m so intrigued!

June 27, 2016 at 8:44 pm

I’m glad you finally got to try my favourite brunch!! We should go again next time you’re in town on a weekend.
      It was my first time grilling drumsticks and they turned out really well. I just seasoned them and threw them on for about 15-20 minutes turning a couple times throughout. Easy peasy.

June 27, 2016 at 8:41 pm

I am going to take Avery to the theatre in the next few weeks once my Mom is good to watch Chloe for a bit 🙂 I know she will love it!
    I cannot believe we forgot a group photo though I forget everything these days! haha
    You impress me with your BBQ skills – not sure I even know how to turn ours on..

June 27, 2016 at 8:53 pm

Aw I bet she will love it. I can’t wait for the Secret Life of Pets to come out, I’ll be taking Liam for sure 😉

Haha! I am so lost without my bbq. Seriously, I was super intimidated by it at first but now I’ll throw everything on there.

June 28, 2016 at 7:35 am

It was crazy hot here last weekend; we were sweltering, painting, watching baseball, sleeping on the floor. By then end of today we’ll be all moved in and it’ll all be worth it.