Reviews

Frock Box 3

May 18, 2016

Another month, another FrockBox!

In case you’re not familiar, FrockBox is a monthly personal styling service shipped right to your door. I’ve subscribed to FrockBox Favourites, which gets me five pieces individually picked out for me based on my style profile and feedback from the previous month. I pay for whatever I want and send back whatever I don’t.

Shortly before this month’s box arrived, I was emailed a survey where I could give a lot more feedback as to what I liked, didn’t like and what I hoped to receive in future boxes. Unfortunately, after receiving this month’s box, I decided to cancel my subscription and save my money for pieces I find myself that I truly love. If you follow me on Snapchat (thebexfactor), you would have seen the preview of what I received last week. Let’s take a look at what was in this months haul…

FrockBox3I totally forgot to hang on to the price list, so unfortunately, I can’t share the price range for each piece.

Plaid Button Up
This was hands down my favourite piece from the box. The fit was perfect and it the softest material, I felt fantastic wearing this. However, the price tag was $50. Knowing that we’re in for a hot summer and I could likely find something similar for cheaper, I didn’t think this particular piece was worth keeping.

Verdict: Return

Purple Striped Cardigan
I really loved the style and fit of this cardigan, but I’m so picky with colours and patterns that I knew I wouldn’t love it as much as if it were a more neutral colour.

Verdict: Return

Blouse
I knew this would be returned before I even tried it on just because of the patterns. It actually had a cute lace back which I really liked, but again, preferring more neutrals, it would have needed to be black with no pattern before I was likely to sport this.

Verdict: Return

Maxi Skirt
Um, I’m sorry but this looks like it should be tea towels instead of a dress. Again, the style and fit were great but the pattern is just a huge no.

Verdict: Return

So, while I could have used the credit from the subscription price to cover half the cost of the plaid shirt, I ultimately sent the entire order back. I really love the idea of a service like this and think that with some strong communication with your stylist, you could receive some really great pieces without needing to leave you house to go shopping. Seriously, I’ve been following Frock Box on Instagram and see some seriously cute things posted there. I just decided that as someone on a budget, it makes more sense for me to invest in pieces I know I love instead of taking the risk every month. If you’ve been considering trying it out for yourself, I definitely recommend checking it out for a month or two. Everyone has such a different style, so you may find the pieces you receive to be exactly what you’re looking for! You never know until you try.

You can get more Frock Box on FacebookTwitterPinterest, and Instagram.

May 18, 2016 at 8:07 pm

I got sent that purple cardigan this month too! And I think that’s the blouse I kept last month. Not sure though. I agreeing that skirt!! Ha ha. I also cancelled for now. 😉

May 18, 2016 at 8:13 pm

I totally thought of you when I saw the cardigan. It’s totally your style!! I just went and looked at your last post and yes that blouse is the same! It looks WAY better on you than it did on me!!

May 18, 2016 at 10:40 pm

What’s the fifth piece? Haha oh man that skirt. No. Just no. The plaid is cute, but ya, $50 is a lot for a shirt in my opinion. Or maybe I’m just super cheap.

May 19, 2016 at 8:07 pm

I totally forgot the fifth thing. It was just denim jegging crops. I received the exact same thing in my first box but full length and they were pretty terrible.

May 19, 2016 at 8:18 am

I feel like that’s why I can’t commit to the service. Paying for a subscription and then ending up liking nothing doesn’t make sense. I love the idea of getting some pieces I wouldn’t normally pick myself but it’s a gamble I probably won’t take.

May 19, 2016 at 8:06 pm

Yeah, I think that if I LOVED a couple of pieces each month, I would feel differently about the subscription but so far it hasn’t been that way for me. I see lots of cute pieces on IG or other people’s posts (Alison!) but I’m not receiving the super cute pieces, haha.

May 19, 2016 at 10:59 am

Oh my goodness, that skirt is the worst. I like the other pieces but agree with your critique of each piece. Plaid shirts are so great but not for $50. The black tank you’re wearing with the skirt (and cardi?) is super lovely!

May 19, 2016 at 8:05 pm

Oh thanks. It’s just a simple cami from Dynamite!

Tawnya Faust
    May 20, 2016 at 6:59 am

I love the first two pieces on you… that skirt. I die. Tablecloth. LOL

I kind of want to try frock box.

May 21, 2016 at 2:28 pm

Haha, isn’t that skirt something? I definitely recommend trying it out for a couple months! It’s super fun to get a bunch of clothes in the mail!

Kaella
    May 24, 2016 at 10:45 am

I would be interested in trying it but, like you, I’m starting to really want to invest in a couple of key pieces and not spend money on cheap clothes I don’t absolutely LOVE. Although, that plaid shirt is amazing on you haha! 😉

May 24, 2016 at 6:14 pm

I know I kind of regret not keeping the plaid shirt. Damn.