Weekend Recap

May 2, 2016

It’s clear from the lateness of this post that I was enjoying the weekend too much to bother with any real responsibilities. Well, you know, aside from parenting. The next 8 weeks are completely booked so it was nice to have no plans so I could just fly by the seat of my pants.

I was completely exhausted from the week, I could hardly see my computer screen clearly Friday afternoon. Mom was in town for an art thing so we met for dinner before she went off to do her thing and I planted my butt on the couch and willed myself to stay awake for a couple episodes of Gilmore Girls.

Saturday
I had a good sleep in, but still woke up feeling quite sleepy. I had some coffee and a quick bite before heading off to a sweaty power flow class. I felt much better after that and wished I could start every day with a solid class like that.

I had a few errands to run, but needed to go home and eat, change and get ready for the day. I ended up not having enough time to run errands before my afternoon plans, so I just puttered around for a bit until Scott and Mary picked me up for a little adventure. We headed out to Olds to visit the Olds College Brewery and tasted what they had to offer. I was a little thrown off by the fact that they didn’t have tables to sit and enjoy a beer, but we still managed to sample everything and take home some of our favourites. We decided that the adventure needed to go on, so we stopped for a pint at Troubled Monk as well.

Later in the evening I ended up making a trip to the bookstore (and spending too much money because I just couldn’t decide) before stopping in for a visit with Cassandra and calling it a night.

I woke up with zero motivation to get out of bed. I knew I had 11km on the plan but I could not will myself to put on clothes and get out the door. I really just wanted to see Liam as soon as possible, so I enjoyed a cup of coffee and my latest read in bed before getting ready for the day. I made a quick grocery stop before picking Liam up. We dropped our groceries off, grab our beach stuff and headed to the lake for the rest of the day.

For only being May 1, it was a beautiful day to spend at the beach basking in the sun while Liam played in the sand to his heart’s content. I found some of the Fiasco Squeeze that we enjoyed after lunch. It’s a good thing I took it to share with my family because I would have very easily downed the entire thing to myself. It was hard to pull ourselves away from the sun and sand, but we had to be back home for dinner. Liam crashed hard on the drive and I ended up putting him on the couch to snooze a little longer. Needless to say, he was in bed nice and early. I was feeling a bit of guilt for overindulging and skipping my long run, but had no regrets about spending the day in the sunshine. I decided to continue the theme of skipping to-dos and left blog work to crawl into bed with my book (currently reading Brie’s bookclub book and I’m HOOKED!).

All in all, it was a pretty great weekend and I’m ready for the chaos to hit over the next few weeks. I’m happy to see the sun and warm temperatures have returned this week and hope that Liam and I can soak up all of our evenings adventuring outdoors. We started tonight with a park date with friends. Tomorrow I’m off for a media launch for a new restaurant while Liam has a play date with a friend. It’s shaping up to be a pretty great week!

What did you get up to this weekend?ย
Anything exciting on tap for the week?

Heather
    May 2, 2016 at 10:40 pm

Glad to hear the book club book is good! I haven’t started it yet but I’m looking forward to reading it.

May 3, 2016 at 7:36 am

Oh man, it’s one of those books that hooks you from the very beginning and I just want to read the whole thing and figure out what happened!!

Jen @nutcaseinpoint
    May 3, 2016 at 7:20 am

I love how so much fresh air/sun can wear down the kiddos! (And myself) that’s weird there wasn’t seating at the brewery? But probably not intended for people to stay long?

May 3, 2016 at 7:35 am

No, it was more just a retail outlet than anything.

May 3, 2016 at 9:42 am

I can’t wait till it’s actually warm here; at least today is sunny. Always nice to enjoy a low-key, fun weekend before a few months of commitments.

May 3, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Oh man. The temperatures here are ridiculous right now. It’s crazy and I love the heat but we need rain so so badly.

May 3, 2016 at 9:49 am

Look at you rocking your arm balances! I suck so bad at them. Mostly because I never do ’em. I should change that. Youre inspiring me to do so!

May 3, 2016 at 9:01 pm

Yeah! The biggest thing for me and arm balances was realizing that it’s not always about having the strength to do the particular pose, but finding the right balancing point or creating the right amount of space to make it happen. Good luck with your practice, I bet you could rock arm balances in no time.

May 3, 2016 at 3:50 pm

haha, I almost texted you last night asking where your weekend recap was!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Definitely signs of a good weekend though! Slightly jealous you get to sneak off to a lake when the weather is nice ๐Ÿ˜‰ That picture of Liam lounging on the lounger is too cute. Glad to hear the book is good so far!!

May 3, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Haha, yeah I have a feeling blogging might get a little sparse this month with all the stuff on my calendar.

I’m definitely very happy to have family with lake front property that we can enjoy. We are very spoiled with it. Maybe one day we’ll inherit it and then you can come stay with us, hahaha.

May 4, 2016 at 9:44 am

Weekends with no plans are so nice! Don’t feel bad about skipping your run. Sometimes spending time outside with Liam and living life is more fun ๐Ÿ™‚

May 4, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Absolutely. I have zero regrets for making the choices I did over the weekend.