Weekend Recap

April 25, 2016

As I draft this, I realize I was a bad blogger and have absolutely no photos from this weekend. I guess that means it’s wasn’t a very exciting weekend. It was rainy and dreary, which was perfect for laying low and being productive.

I picked Liam up from daycare and we hit the road to my parent’s place. I needed to get a tire fixed on warranty and Liam had been begging to go back since Monday. We ate supper as soon as we got there and Liam was in bed not long after that. I was so exhausted that I could barely make it to 10pm, reading and watching Amazing Race with my parents.

Saturday
I told Liam that instead of waking me up in the morning, he could go wake up grandpa instead. He missed the memo and came to my room before going upstairs and then later calling down to ask if I was awake. No sleep in for me. After pancakes and coffee (the staples at my parents), I drove to town to drop my car off. I got back to my parents just before lunch and Liam and I hit the road after eating.

I dropped him off with his dad and headed home to clean and do laundry. It was raining and it was really draining my energy and I ended up on the couch catching up on the last couple episodes of Scandal and getting some work done for most of the evening. I eventually poured myself into a nice hot bath in an attempt to finish my book. Spoiler: I didn’t finish.

FullSizeRender 40

Up for Sunday Runday! Mary and I got through 10km before I came home and warmed up in another bath. This time, I did finish my book while eating my second breakfast. I eventually got myself out of the house and headed to a coffee shop to get some work done, run some errands and get groceries.

I had totally run out of steam by the time I was home, I could barely will myself to make some supper and apple crisp for breakfasts this week. I contemplated my second bath for the day but ended up doing some blog work while watching more Gilmore Girls before turning in.

This morning I’m at the dentist getting some fillings that I’ve been avoiding for far too long so send me your best wishes because we all know how fun fillings are.

How was your weekend?
Any crazy weather in your area?

April 25, 2016 at 7:36 am

Awesome job on your run! I used to be so useless on Sundays after long runs lol.
    Hope all goes well at the dentist!

April 25, 2016 at 6:25 pm

Haha yeah my plan has me running up to 12-13km before race day. I’m a little worried about my productivity the next few Sundays lol

April 25, 2016 at 7:53 am

The weather soo dreary, it was a perfect weekend to stay low key and have a bath.

April 25, 2016 at 8:22 am

Did you like Attachments? I thought it was suuuper predictable.
    I’m happy you’re enjoying getting out and getting some work done in coffee shops.

I hope today’s fillings all went well. I actually really like my dentist, the hygienist held my hand when I got my fillings, but oral work/surgery is still the worst.

April 25, 2016 at 6:24 pm

I loved Attachments honestly. I thought it was a cute love story and I was actually expecting an ending similar to Eleanor & Park since I’d read that right before.

Today’s fillings SUCKED. I’ve been a miserable person all day.

April 25, 2016 at 8:57 am

Sorry to hear about the dreaded dentist appt – BUT HEY – a day off work, right?! It seems like a lot of us enjoyed a down-time weekend. Rainy days are kind of the best. They make me so sleepy and cozy. That being said, I’m ready for summer again! 🙂

April 25, 2016 at 6:22 pm

Gah. I wish I would have thought to take the day off!! I had to go to work after. Boo.

I’m ready for summer again too. My tan is fading!! Haha.

Heather
    April 25, 2016 at 9:11 am

We definitely had the right weather for a low-key weekend. I have such a love/hate relationship with the dentist – definitely a necessary evil. Hope it all goes well!

April 25, 2016 at 6:22 pm

I have a love/hate relationship too. Today was definitely a hate. Haha.

April 25, 2016 at 9:57 am

Ugh, fillings are the worst! Hope your appointment goes well. We had my sister-in-law and nephews up for the weekend so it was chaos but lots of fun – we played lots of games and watched a super scary movie on Netflix (Hush) and ate WAY to much junk food. It kind of sucked that it was so rainy and dreary out but we also really needed the rain so I’m not complaining too much.

April 25, 2016 at 6:21 pm

Fillings really are the worst. It had been so long, I’d forgotten. Today sucked. Whine whine whine 😉

Your weekend sounds fantastic!!

April 25, 2016 at 11:09 am

Sounds like a good weekend! What do you think of that book? I haven’t read it. The dentist is the worst. I was there last week for my last and final filling. This one was better than my last and my face was only numb for two hours.

April 25, 2016 at 6:20 pm

I really liked the book actually! One of my favorites lately.

The dentist today was awful. Two fillings. One was fine, the other? My face was numb for FIVE HOURS and I was miserable all day.

Ange // Cowgirl Runs
    April 25, 2016 at 12:03 pm

This weather killed any and all motivation I had last week. Even today all I want to do is nap, but I can’t do that at work 🙁

April 25, 2016 at 6:19 pm

That’s all I wanted to do today too.

April 25, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Sounds like an excellent weekend!! Other than the dentist! Nice work on the run. I hope the sun comes back soon!

April 25, 2016 at 6:18 pm

I want the sun to come back too. This dreary weather is sucking my energy!

Amy
    April 26, 2016 at 6:22 am

Hope your dentist appointment went well!! I have serious anxiety about the dentist! Maybe it’s because I’ve had 2 root canals and a tooth pulled 😐 Not fun!
    That apple crisp looks delicious, and healthy. I’m going to have to make that!! Do you do a ton of meal prep? Weirdly it’s my favourite time of the week…lol.

April 26, 2016 at 5:58 pm

The dentist was no fun. I still have some tooth pain and I’m pouty about it. I really want to avoid having to get anything worse than fillings!!

I highly recommend the apple crisp! I’ve been loving it for breakfasts. I don’t do tons of meal prep but I definitely try when I have a free Sunday afternoon/evening!! Sets me up for better eating during the week for sure.

Ashley
    April 26, 2016 at 2:00 pm

Sounds nice and chill, which is never a bad thing haha.

I’m glad you had such a nice run on Sunday though 🙂