Fitness

Fitness Friday

April 22, 2016

Just a head’s up, there’s only one week left to donate to win a free entry into the Calgary Marathon! All the deets can be found in this post. Donate $20 to KidSport and get an entry OR if you don’t want to take your chances, receive a discount on your race entry. Win/Win!

How was everyone’s week? This week has been pretty fantastic. Liam and I have had a good time hanging out in the evenings, visiting friends and taking advantage of the warm weather. The unseasonable warm temperatures have been welcomed with open arms and I hope it doesn’t go away anytime soon. I think the increased vitamin D has played a part on my mood, but I’ve been really diligent with eating clean, cutting out junk and nailing all of my workouts. It’s like a triple threat of happiness. *flexing emoji*

Fitness-Friday-Canadian-Girl-Runs

Upper Body HIIT via CodyApp

Monday
22 Minute Hard Corp Resistance 2

Tuesday
5km run. I had planned 6 but I was dying. I checked the temperature before I headed out and was expecting a reasonable 20° and by the time I stumbled back to work it was 27°! Needless to say, I was a bit of a sweaty mess.

22 Minute Hard Corps Core 1

Wednesday
22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 3

Thursday
3 x 500m hill repeats – this is the first time doing hill repeats and it solidified my theory from spin class. I can do hills for days but speed work makes me want to vomit. Don’t get me wrong, those hills were still tough but I loved doing them way more than pushing fast paces.

22 Minute Hard Corps Core 2

Off

I’m not really following the 22 Minute Hard Corp program, but supplementing it in on off days from running and yoga. It’s incredibly cheesy with the military theme to it, but I am enjoying the actual workouts and love that all of the workouts are done so quick.

FullSizeRender 39

Don’t forget about #SundayRunday coming up! Snap a pic and send it my way to be included. Have a great weekend!

April 22, 2016 at 7:31 am

I want to try the Hard Corps workout! Do you like it?

I just borrowed some Jillian Michaels dvds from the library to switch things up. I’m excited to try ’em! 🙂

Have a great weekend, sweet friend! 🙂

April 23, 2016 at 4:26 pm

So far I am liking Hard Corps. I haven’t tried any of the cardio workouts, but the abs and resistance workouts have been good. How are you liking Jillian Michaels? I have a couple of her DVDs too and dig them.

April 22, 2016 at 8:33 am

Can you give me some of your will power and tell me to stop eating junk food? It’s just so good. Nice job on the workouts! I haven’t tried the hard corps workouts yet…worth the money?

April 23, 2016 at 4:25 pm

Yeah, I’m not sad I spent money on the program at all. I mean, it’s super cheesy but the actual workouts are good.

Kris @ Canadian Girl Runs
    April 22, 2016 at 8:48 am

Killer week of workouts Becky!!

April 23, 2016 at 4:23 pm

Thank you!!

laura @ scribbles and sass
    April 22, 2016 at 8:48 am

i tried to run in that tuesday heat, too. no thanks! turned into an after work river walk with the cutest puppy.

April 23, 2016 at 4:23 pm

Puppies > running anyways!

April 22, 2016 at 9:11 am

You had a great week! Way to get those workouts in! I definitely feel way more motivated when the weather is nice 🙂 I’ve been throwing in some 21df workouts here and there and always appreciate how short they are, lol.

April 23, 2016 at 4:22 pm

You should try the Hard Corps if you get bored of 21df workouts. You can’t beat 22 minutes!

Ange // Cowgirl Runs
    April 22, 2016 at 3:51 pm

I flip flop between wanting to run hills and wanting to do speedwork. But – hills will make you a faster runner, so there’s that 🙂
    The nice weather makes it so easy to get outside for a run or walk at lunch. Alllllll the Vitamin D!

April 23, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Even if I run the hills at a snails pace? Haha! Seriously though I could run hills for days.

Heather
    April 23, 2016 at 11:07 am

Wow, you killed it this week! Kudos to you for sticking it out in those crazy hot temperatures. I took my dog for a walk on Tuesday and couldn’t believe how hot I was even in shorts and a tshirt!

April 23, 2016 at 4:22 pm

I might not have been so inclined to run in the heat had the weather app not lied to me and led me to believe it was much cooler lol

April 23, 2016 at 8:01 pm

Awesome week!!! On fire!! Glad you are enjoying the workouts even though they are super cheese! ha I’m excited to try!