Weekend Recap

April 18, 2016

Oh hey Monday, where did you come from? You’re really ruining the sunshine weekend vibes.

I was so excited to bail out of work at 3 to pick Liam up early. We headed straight to his favourite park armed with a bucket and some shovels. We were meeting Lindsey, Avery and baby Chloe! It was such a nice afternoon to sit and chat while the kids played and Chloe snoozed away. Liam and Avery were so funny together.Liam, Avery & Chloe

Liam wasn’t ready to go home after the park, so we headed over to Chapters to hang out for a bit. It’s definitely our happy place there. I ended up picking up a new phone case and lusting after a whole bunch of books. I told Liam he could pick a new book out if he wanted and I turned around to find him sitting down, reading a book to himself. It was adorable.

And yes, his shoes are on the wrong feet but he insists that it’s ok.

We went home for some homemade pizza and called it a night after a couple episodes of Gilmore Girls and reading.

Saturday
You know those sleeps where you wake up with no idea what day it is? Yeah, that’s what happened when Liam woke me up on Saturday morning. I grabbed the iPad and let Liam watch some cartoons in bed for a half hour or so until I got the motivation to get into the shower.

We headed to Rocky, where I dropped my truck off to get my summer tires put on. Dad picked us up and we went for coffee and then to a park while we waited for my car to bed done. Apparently it was busier than anticipated because after 1.5 hours it still wasn’t done so we went home for lunch and picked it up later in the afternoon. We spent most of the afternoon and evening outside enjoying the beautiful weather.

Liam insisted he wanted to stay up late to see the stars, but he didn’t quite make it that long. Once he was in bed, I spent the evening finish my current bookclub read.

Waking up at my parents means we start the day with pancakes. I think that Liam doesn’t eat any other meal while staying with my parents because he eats his weight in pancakes.

It was supposed to be even warmer than Saturday so we headed outside shortly after breakfast. My parents live next to train tracks and we were able to catch one going by while we were outside.

Liam and I headed out after lunch. He was so exhausted he was asleep within minutes. We made a pitstop at the lake on our way home to see my aunt and uncle. Liam has been talking about the lake and playing at the beach for a few weeks already now so he was pretty excited to get there. He made a beeline straight for the beach. It was amazing that the lake was already melted save for a bit of ice down the shore. Clearly a Canadian boy, Liam had no problem rolling up his pant legs and wading into the chilly water.

I knew that we would be busy all weekend, so I had put in a Superstore Click & Collect order to pick up on our way back home. I seriously can’t get over how fantastic that service is. We also went through the car wash before going home to make supper. I planned to make the hoisin stir fry bowl that everyone had been talking about, with a couple modifications. Holy smokes, it was so easy and delicious. And since Liam wouldn’t eat it, there’s even more leftovers for me.

Turns out all of the fresh air really tuckered Liam out since he had asked to go for a bath before I was even done making supper. He ended up going to bed an hour early which meant I could fit in some HIIT in lieu of a run, catch up on some blog work and go to bed a little early myself.

I just can’t get over how beautiful our weather is already and am excited for many more weekends like this over the next few weeks.

What did you get up to this weekend?
Anybody get sunburnt? I didn’t quite get burnt but I am rocking a bit of a farmer tan

Jen @nutcaseinpoint
    April 18, 2016 at 6:47 am

This weather is amazing! I am considering making that dinner-but I might be the only person in the house who will eat it 😉 love that fresh air makes kids (and me!) so tired

April 18, 2016 at 9:13 pm

More for you!

April 18, 2016 at 7:27 am

Let me know when you guys go to the park again! I’m planning to pick up Avery early from now on so can meet up 🙂
    I loved that hoisin bowl too!

April 18, 2016 at 9:13 pm

Perfect! I’m sure we’ll go later in the week. I’ll let you know for sure!

April 18, 2016 at 7:51 am

I made sure I had my sunscreen on this weekend so no sunburn for me. Looks like you made the most of the beautiful weather.

April 18, 2016 at 9:14 pm

It feels weird to be applying sunscreen in April, doesn’t it? Haha

April 18, 2016 at 9:16 am

So fun that you got to meet up with Lindsey, Avery and Chloe for a park date 🙂 Your snapchat of Liam waving at the train was so cute. How cold was the water? I feel cold just looking at him in it! The hoisin bowls are so good. So easy too. I got a major sunburn- note to self, always put on sunscreen!

April 18, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Haha, I definitely did not test the water but Liam says it was COLD!

Oh no! That sucks about your sunburn!! I turned a little bit but it’s all brown now. Or a slightly darker shade of white I guess since I’m so pale lol

April 18, 2016 at 10:07 am

Oh man, Sully would lose his sh*t if he could see a train that close up! When I was watching your snap, he came running over yelling “TRAAINNNNNN!” haha. It sounds like you guys had a great weekend! This weather is amazing and makes me so excited for summer! I just wish weekends were a bit longer.

April 18, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Haha! You guys should come out to my folks someday!

Ange @ Cowgirl Runs
    April 18, 2016 at 10:56 am

I went for a run with no sunscreen (I’m seriously the worst) but no burn. I can’t wait to get tanned nice and early this year!

April 18, 2016 at 9:15 pm

I’m with you, I didn’t apply sunscreen all weekend. But no sunburns!

April 18, 2016 at 1:45 pm

We drove home; a little shopping in Buffalo, then unpacked the car and put a few things away before I crashed HARD at 10 last night sleeping so freaking soundly till 7 this morning.

April 18, 2016 at 9:15 pm

That sounds like the best sleep ever!

Heather
    April 18, 2016 at 3:23 pm

I realized partway through my run on Sunday that I really should have put sunscreen on but luckily it doesn’t seem like I got burned! I’ve definitely seen that hoisin bowl mentioned on a few blogs now – after hearing so many good things I think I may need to try it!

April 18, 2016 at 9:16 pm

Definitely try the recipe! It’s so quick, easy and delicious!!