Community Reviews

FrockBox 2

April 12, 2016

Another month, another FrockBox!

In case you’re not familiar, FrockBox is a monthly personal styling service shipped right to your door. I’ve subscribed to FrockBox Favourites, which gets me five pieces individually picked out for me based on my style profile and feedback from the previous month. I pay for whatever I want and send back whatever I don’t.

With my feedback from last month’s box, I was excited to see what I would end up with this month! If you follow me on Snapchat, you saw my preview of what I received yesterday. I like a lot more of the pieces this time around and am having a hard time deciding what I’m going to keep. Without further adieu…

FrockBox2

Sorry about the low quality selfies. I really need an Instagram husband!

Black Bubble Chiffon Tank ($39)
I like this top a lot and it would be perfect for a summer day at work or a night out for cocktails. The only thing I’m unsure of is the length, feels a bit short.

Verdict: Keep, I think.  Thoughts?

Black Boyfriend Blazer ($59)
I LOVE this one. I just bought a black blazer for work, but this one feels a little bit heavier and could be great to wear out on a chillier day with jeans and a tee or dressed up at night.

Verdict: Keep!

Navy & Pink Dress ($49)
I wasn’t sure about this when I picked it up. It looked really boxy and I wasn’t sure it would be flattering. I actually don’t mind it on, but it’s the colour I’m not a fan of. I have no idea what kind/colour shoes I would wear with it and don’t have anything in my closet that would go, therefore, it would never get worn.

Verdict: Return

Flamingo Grey & White Top ($39)
This was another one that I thought might be too boxy but it is really cute! It’s so soft and comfy, great for wearing to the yoga studio or running errands on the weekend. The price tag on this one is where I’m hesitating.

Verdict: Undecided. Help!

Aztec Utility Jacket ($69)
At first look, I wasn’t crazy about the print but the style is super cute. If it was another colour, I’d be all over it.

Verdict: Return, slightly reluctantly.

Now all I need to do is pack the items I’m returning into the same bag they arrived in, attach the prepaid shipping label and drop it off at the post office. Easy as pie! If you’re interested in trying FrockBox, use code TheBexFactor15 for 15% off your first box or anything in the online shop.

You can get more Frock Box on FacebookTwitterPinterest, and Instagram.

April 12, 2016 at 6:57 am

I say keep #1 & return the grey and white shirt 🙂 I’m excited times try this in a couple months!

April 12, 2016 at 12:23 pm

I wore #1 to work today, haha. I can’t wait for you to try it!

April 12, 2016 at 7:37 am

I keep meaning to sign up to try Frock Box. Maybe I’ll give it a try today. I like that black blazer. I say return the grey shirt. I think it’s a little boxy and could find something similar for cheaper.

April 12, 2016 at 12:23 pm

I definitely recommend giving it a try for at least a couple months!! It’s fun to see what someone else picks out for you!!

I’m totally returning the grey shirt with everyone’s suggestions, haha.

Jen @nutcaseinpoint
    April 12, 2016 at 7:50 am

I like how they style, but it seems like the pieces are still pricier than I would normally pay if I were out shopping!

April 12, 2016 at 12:22 pm

Yeah some things are definitely priced higher than I would pay, but for something like the blazer, I feel ok paying because I know it will be worth it.

April 12, 2016 at 8:31 am

I like #1! I’m not sure about the gray shirt either…I feel like I’ve seen that exact shirt at superstore for cheaper. The Aztec jacket is pretty cute!

April 12, 2016 at 12:21 pm

I actually ended up wearing that bubble tank to work today! It turned out to be a decent length and I’ve got tons of comments on it already!

April 12, 2016 at 7:27 pm

Well what do I know?! Haha!! Actually, I meant to say after I saw your snap that it looked cute!

April 12, 2016 at 7:27 pm

Ugh, I’m not reading clearly. I thought you were referring to the grey one. I’ll shut up now! 😉

April 12, 2016 at 8:51 am

I totally understand why you’re returning the dress, but it is very pretty! Loooove navy; and you know I love pink but I can’t wear it because it brings out all the redness/rosacea in my face and it’s awful. I’ve seen something similar (but in black/white) to the grey/white shirt at winners.

April 12, 2016 at 12:20 pm

Good to know about Winners. I should really take some time to go hunting there one of these days.

April 12, 2016 at 9:33 am

Not 100% sold on the grey shirt- seems too thin and needs more structure. I do love the aztec jacket though!

April 12, 2016 at 12:20 pm

Yeah, I’m not sold on it anymore either. It was super soft and felt nice but not for the price. Pass.

Ange @ Cowgirl Runs
    April 12, 2016 at 1:23 pm

I also got the bubble top and shipped it back. Mine was teal and was too boxy and short on my long torso.

April 12, 2016 at 5:56 pm

Oooh teal would be lovely! I can definitely see how it wouldn’t work on a long torso. Yay for being short! Are you posting what else you received???

Heather
    April 12, 2016 at 3:00 pm

I really like that blazer! I am totally going to check out FrockBox – I always thought that those clothing subscription boxes sounded like so much fun but there never seemed to be any good ones in Canada!

April 12, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Do it! So far I’m really like it and it’s from Alberta!!

Leana
    April 13, 2016 at 8:41 am

I really like the black blazer and the black tank on you! I’m not loving the grey shirt though. It looks boxy and just doesn’t look like a very special piece.

I love the idea of the FrockBox! So cool to see that there is something like StitchFix available in Canada now!

April 13, 2016 at 12:33 pm

Cute pieces! I love the dress – I think you look great!

April 14, 2016 at 8:30 pm

Thanks friend!

April 14, 2016 at 7:47 pm

I love everything on you. I LOVE that jacket, I am glad they didn’t send it to me. ha ha The bubble tank is super cute on you and YES to that blazer, blazers are such a great piece to have they go with everything!!! I LOVE Frock Box!

April 14, 2016 at 8:23 pm

Haha thank you!! Yes I LOVE LOVE LOVE that blazer. I’ve worn it out for dinner with a friend, then to yoga and today to work, haha. So it’s going to get it’s money worth. I am loving Frock Box too!