Weekend Recap

April 11, 2016

It feels like I blinked and a whole week was over!

Liam’s request after being picked up was to go to the park so we headed straight there and hung out for a good hour or so. It was a struggle to leave but my stomach was saying it was time. Give that kid a shovel & some sand and he would play for days, I’m sure.

Once Liam was in bed, I watched a few episodes of Gilmore Girls because I know how to party on a Friday night.

Saturday
Liam woke me up around 6:30, but crawled into bed to chat and play for a bit so I didn’t have to get out of bed right away. We soaked up a morning together eating French toast and being silly before meeting some friends for coffee & snacks at the library. Once everyone was starting to get hungry for lunch, we parted ways. I dropped Liam off at his dad’s, grabbed a pita and hit the highway.

I stopped for a visit at Brie’s before we headed out for a private class at Orangetheory Fitness with a the blog squad.

Jen | Jo | Brie | Me | Ange | Alison | Nicole | Leslie
Leigh | Kaella | Heather | Jen | Coach Kristen

I’m planning to do a full post about this class later this week, so stay tuned. I’m happy to report that I did not die, which I was fully expecting. 😉

After our class, most of us headed out for dinner at Phoenix Grill.  It was nice to sit and chat with everyone, sipping beer and chowing down on some delicious food. The restaurant looks pretty unassuming from the outside but it was quite nice inside and absolutely packed. We had fantastic service for a large group and my butternut squash ravioli was amazing.

We stayed for close to two hours chatting and having a great time. I ended up back at Brie’s for another hour chatting with her and Kaella before making the long drive back to Red Deer.

I was hoping to sleep until my alarm, but my body was awake by 7am. Thankfully, I wasn’t sore like I anticipated I would be after an intense workout. I had some coffee and breakfast and puttered around until it was time to meet Mary for our run.

I grabbed a latte on my way home and got to work doing a mad clean of the condo. I kind of wish I had been able to fit in an Ikea trip into my Calgary trip because I really want to reorganize Liam’s closet and need some storage bins, etc.

A couple hours of cleaning and reorganizing later, I was off to drop some things off to donate, run a few errands and get groceries. I was wiped when I finally made it home but managed to keep the momentum going and did some simple meal prep (chicken, sweet potatoes and roasted veggies) while watching more Gilmore Girls.

By the time the laundry was put away and the blog work was done (aka Sunday Runday and this post), I drew a nice hot bath and soaked while reading before bed. I’m definitely feeling prepared for the week but will be missing my mini man a heck of a lot so here’s hoping it will fly by as fast as last week!

What did you get up to this weekend?

April 11, 2016 at 7:00 am

We should plan paek date, Avery is the same way wth the sand. I wish I could’ve joined you ladies, just to try it. Maybe we bag organize something here!

April 12, 2016 at 12:31 pm

I’ve been in talks with the owner here awhile ago. I will definitely try and arrange something!

Jen @nutcaseinpoint
    April 11, 2016 at 7:15 am

It was great seeing you! Next time for longer..and more beer 🙂

April 11, 2016 at 7:37 am

Way to get out for a run on Sunday. I was supposed to do a run but felt I deserved a rest day after the weekend I had so just took a walk instead.

Kris @ Canadian Girl Runs
    April 11, 2016 at 8:11 am

Great weekend! I really wish I had been able to make it down for OTF!

April 12, 2016 at 12:39 pm

I’m going to try and plan something similar when OTF opens in RD, maybe you can come to that one!!

April 11, 2016 at 8:44 am

Good weekend; I love the successful feeling after a big closet clean/organization. This was our last weekend if FL (leave Saturday morning) so Dad I and went to a few shops to get him some new clothes. Lots of baseball watching, BBQ and friends over for supper, solo hulu binge on Saturday, pool time, and sunday night TV. I’m gonna miss being outside all weekend….or should I say being warm and outside all weekend.

April 12, 2016 at 12:39 pm

I would have felt my cleaning/organization efforts were more productive if I was able to do an Ikea trip. I have a HUGE itch to drop hundreds of dollars so I can redo my laundry/storage space. It means moving out my mini deepfreeze into the kitchen/dining area and buying a floor to ceiling shelving system to try and make it more organized and less cluttered. Plus I want to redo Liam’s closest so he has hangers at his height and more shelving for toys. And while I’m at it, I might as well invest in the Betsey Johnson bedding from Nordstrom I’ve been eyeing since last fall…..right?????

Heather
    April 11, 2016 at 10:42 am

So fun to meet you this weekend! I feel like I didn’t really get to chat with anyone for very long so hopefully we’ll have an opportunity to meet again soon :). I was less sore than I was expecting after Saturday, too, which is always a bonus!

April 12, 2016 at 12:33 pm

Likewise!

April 11, 2016 at 11:18 am

I had a hot bath last night too- my legs were feeling super tired after my run and hoped it would help with the recovery. Great seeing you on Saturday 🙂

April 12, 2016 at 12:24 pm

Yeah I was definitely feeling the weekend in my legs yesterday!!

April 11, 2016 at 3:33 pm

Thanks so much for making the drive to come on Saturday!! It would not have been the same without you 🙂 Omg, your ravioli dish looks amazing! I didn’t get a good look at it at the restaurant. I can’t wait to go back haha! “Blog Squad” – haha love it!

April 12, 2016 at 12:24 pm

Maybe we should get shirts made with “blog squad” hahaha 😉

That ravioli was to die for. Seriously, I want more. But I also want the chicken and brie sandwich. And the lobster pasta. And more beer!