Community Reviews

FrockBox is the Personal Stylist I Always Wanted

March 23, 2016

For years now I’ve been longing for StitchFix to ship to Canada so when I heard that a similar business started up just down the highway, I jumped at the chance to try it out.

Frock Box is a personal styling service that ships hand picked items right to your door. No more hauling the kids to the mall or suffering through terrible change room lighting. How does it work? When you create your profile, you answer a few questions and describe yourself and your style. Your stylist will choose some items based on your preferences. Once you receive your items, you can decide what you want to keep and what you want to send back. You pay for what you want to keep and if you keep the entire package, you get 25% off. Plus, your subscription fee goes towards your purchases. There is no charge to ship anything back. You just pop it into the package it came in, reseal it and drop it off at the post office. Even for a busy mama like me, it was an easy process to make the returns.

I received the Favourites Box, which got me 5 handpicked pieces for $24.95. Please excuse my awkward, sub-par self-timer photos, haha.

FrockBox

(the fifth piece is the jean leggings I’m wearing as well)

Everything fit perfectly with the exception of the maxi dress which was too long for my short self. This was a pleasant surprise because I have a really hard time with sizing with my post-baby body. I really, really loved the twist back top but wasn’t really in love with any of the other pieces and I ended up sending all of the pieces back. I already had a very similar top to the black tunic and everything else was too casual as I’m hoping to acquire more pieces that are work appropriate but can be dressed down for weekend wear as well. This doesn’t discourage me from continuing with the subscription because I realize it will take some time for my stylist to get to know my style. My only wish for the service is for the option to update your profile with your tastes, etc. You can email them your feedback, however.

I love that they source their jewellery from Canadian vendors and that they’re located right here in Alberta. #shoplocal for the win. Also, they have a shop to buy individual pieces from past boxes, including that twist back top I’m wearing!

Interested in trying Frock Box for yourself? Use code THEBEXFACTOR15 for 15% off your first box or anything in the shop.

You can get more Frock Box on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

Disclaimer: I received my Frock Box free of the styling fee in exchange for my thoughts. All opinions are my own, because I think this is a seriously great Alberta company.

Heather
    March 23, 2016 at 7:27 am

I would love to try this!! I’ve been longing for Stitchfix to come to Canada as well, so this looks like a great alternative!

March 23, 2016 at 8:02 am

This is amazing! I too have been wanting Stitch Fix to come to canada. I’d love to support a local business though.
    Do you have to pay to ship the items back that you don’t want? And what are the average range of the products that you were sent? My only problem with Stitch Fix is when I saw people post the cost of the pieces, I’m way too cheap for that and probably would return them.

March 23, 2016 at 9:05 am

Great questions that I should have included!

There is no cost to ship them back. You just use the same package they came in and drop it off at the post office. I think prices for my items ranged from $40-70, so fairly reasonable. I did notice that about Stitch Fix pieces too.

March 23, 2016 at 8:20 am

Do you still have to pay if you send all of the pieces back?

March 23, 2016 at 9:03 am

Yes, I do believe they keep the styling fee if you send everything back. But if you make even one purchase, that fee goes into the cost of the item. And no charge for shipping!

March 23, 2016 at 8:38 am

It’s too bad none of the pieces worked out for you. The jeggings were a no go too? I really, really want to try this but I feel like I’m sooooo picky when it comes to clothing and I also feel like I have a really difficult body size to dress 🙁 And yes – I also want to know if you have to pay shipping to send things back?

March 23, 2016 at 9:02 am

The jeggings were fine, I just have a pair already so didn’t feel like I needed another one?

Honestly, I have a difficult time with sizing too but everything was spot on. It was a miracle.

No cost for shipping. You just send it back in the same package it came in and drop it off at the post office. So simple.

March 23, 2016 at 9:04 am

Awesome, I have never heard of them before but excited to try them out after baby!

March 23, 2016 at 7:35 pm

You should for sure!

Ange @ Cowgirl Runs
    March 23, 2016 at 9:43 am

I’m getting my first box in April and I’m freaking PUMPED about it!! I love that this service now exists in Canada AND it’s an Alberta company!

March 23, 2016 at 7:35 pm

AWESOME! I can’t wait to see what you get!

laura @ scribbles and sass
    March 23, 2016 at 9:53 am

i’d love a personal stylist to go shopping with me. i think something like this could be awkward for me, because my body is so many different sizes/shapes. i think personal style definitely should be a field to fill out on the profile. how would they know?

March 23, 2016 at 7:34 pm

I honestly expected the majority of pieces not to fit me, but they were bang on with sizing. So that’s good to know. You can fill out your personal style when you first register, but after that it’s gone and there isn’t a place to update your preferences. Yet.

Amber
    April 6, 2016 at 6:31 am

Oooh! I have been wishing for Stitch Fix for a long time as well. I need to check this out!!