Weekend Recap

March 14, 2016

Sigh. Another weekend has gone too fast! I’m so thankful for such amazing weather this weekend. Liam and I have been taking full advantage of the mild temperatures and extra daylight in the evenings with after dinner walks. While daylight savings time can be no fun with a child, I am happy for it to be lighter out longer.

The week had left me completely exhausted and frankly a little grumpy. Liam was just as cranky when I picked him up from the day home so we came home for a chill night. I ended up in bed before 9 pm. Party animal, amirite?

Saturday
Liam was really testing my patience Saturday morning with not listening. We had a few errands to run, including picking up some new bow-ties since he’s taken an interest in dressing handsome. We picked up some of the best sandwiches in town for lunch and I attempted to convince Liam to have a quick nap before we had to leave for a birthday party. The nap didn’t happen.

Thankfully, Liam is always so well behaved when we are somewhere else, and he spent the afternoon charming everyone at the birthday party. Lindsey and I tried so hard to get a pic of Liam and Avery together and this was the best we could get, mouths full of cupcakes.

After the party, Liam and I headed to my parents place since Liam had requested to go there to splash in puddles with grandma.

The morning started off as normal at my parents house, with pancakes and lots of playing. We eventually all made it outside to splash around in the spring puddles before Liam fell in one and got completely soaked. Note to self: Liam needs new splash pants.

I spent a lot of time on the couch in a ray of sunshine finishing my book, The Girl in the Spider’s Web. Once I was done, we packed up to head home. I dropped Liam off at his dads once we were back in the city and I headed home to get ready for a run with Mary. We decided to follow up our fitness with a trip to Carl’s Jr, which just opened here. It was ok, but I won’t be in a hurry to go back. I’m just not a fast food lover at all. I hit up the grocery store before going home and learned that 7-8pm on a Sunday night is a great time for eye candy.

The rest of the evening was spent finishing laundry and catching up on blog work. I have a busy week ahead while Liam is gone, but I’m hoping to sneak in for a massage. It’s something I haven’t treated myself to for years now and I think it’s about time I indulge.

How was your weekend?
Any fun plans for the week?

March 14, 2016 at 8:55 am

Aww Liam is so handsome in his bow tie! I’ve never tried Carl’s Jr but I’ve always been intrigued just to see what the hype is all about. Yay for a massage! I’d love to go for one too…I usually put them off for some reason, until the end of the year when I try to use up my benefits haha. Enjoy!!

March 14, 2016 at 7:28 pm

I’m not really sure what the hype is honestly. It’s just another fast food joint.

There were no openings this week for a massage. Womp. I bought some bath bombs instead so I guess I will just have lots of bubble baths.

March 14, 2016 at 9:25 am

Liam looked so handsome in his outfit! I have never been to Carls Jr, though I am sure Chad will want to go, but am with you I am just not a fast food fan!

March 14, 2016 at 7:28 pm

Hehe thanks.

Yeah it was nothing to write home about but you have to go at least once

Ange @ Cowgirl Runs
    March 14, 2016 at 10:45 am

There’s a Carl’s in Kelowna that I always say I’m going to hit up, but never do. They seem to open in the most random of cities.
    I’ll occasionally NEED a burger, but I’d much rather fire up my BBQ and make it at home.

March 14, 2016 at 7:27 pm

I agree. I would much rather make my own burger too but every once in awhile you just need to indulge.

jen @untcaseinpoint
    March 14, 2016 at 12:15 pm

I used to go to Carl Jr’s when I was little (in California..there are lots there). I never really even liked fast food growing up, but I would steal one of my dads waffle fries because they were so tasty!

March 14, 2016 at 7:27 pm

Yeah those waffle fries were really good. I won’t be in a hurry to go back.

Kaella On The Run
    March 14, 2016 at 1:16 pm

Such a handsome little man!

PS I love shopping Sunday nights 😉

March 14, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Haha I never leave my shopping that late but I think I might have to start going more often.

Cassandra
    March 14, 2016 at 7:12 pm

I’m curious where you got the best sandwiches from? My guess is Big bend.

March 14, 2016 at 7:22 pm

You know it!

March 14, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Liam and Avery are so cute together! Can you get massages with your benefits through work? Mine covers $700/year and it’s awesome

March 15, 2016 at 9:55 am

So cute those cupcake eating kids! YES go for a massage!! 🙂 They are such a treat.

Nicole
    March 15, 2016 at 11:03 pm

Oh my goshhh cutest photo ever of Liam and Avery!!! He looks so handsome!

I’ve never understood the hype over fast food joints either- although I’m currently craving a burger now! Thanks for that!! Haha!

Massages– love them! I could definitely use more of them but they are so expensive 🙁 I think my husband has had 3 this year already… :/

March 16, 2016 at 6:52 pm

I can use my benefits for massage which is really really nice. Unfortunately they were all booked up this week so I didn’t get to go. Womp womp.

Amie
    March 19, 2016 at 12:36 am

Omg how sweet are they together?!?

March 21, 2016 at 7:43 pm

Haha, they really are the cutest aren’t they?