Fitness

Fitness Friday

March 4, 2016

Holy smokes where has this week gone? I’ve been completely exhausted all week and not accomplishing the things on my list after work. On Monday, Cassandra and I headed to Lacombe for dinner and drinks at Cilantro and Chive. Highly recommend indulging in a pint of the local brew from Blindman Brewing and duck wings. So good! The rest of the week was busy at work with a restructuring of one of the departments I work with, which meant multiple meetings and a trip to Edmonton. What is it about driving for work that is so exhausting? I had originally planned to share my training plan for my upcoming back to back 10k’s coming up in May today, but I haven’t quite got that far yet. I hope to have it up next week so stay tuned.

Let’s chat workouts shall we?

BodyPump!

Monday
I could barely walk from BodyPump, so this was most definitely an off day. I anticipated being sore, but not THAT sore. My quads and hamstrings were so tight, I was hobbling around the office all day. I’ve never had that happen before and I didn’t really feel like I had pushed myself too much during the class. Legs are usually my strong point!

Tuesday
I’ve been following the Fit Flow Series on CodyApp so Tuesday was an upper body focus. Ironically, the day after purchasing the program, they announced the #FitFlowChallenge and have a new free workout every day.

Wednesday
Warming Soul Flow at Breathing Room – I love love loved this mandala practice, especially with the baby grasshopper pose thrown into the flow. It was a great challenge and I was a sweaty mess by the end.

Thursday
CoreFit via CodyApp

6am spin class. Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh. No part of me wants to wake up at 5:30am to go workout but Mary convinced me to suck it up and join her. I admit though, that it feels good to get a good sweat over with first thing in the morning, but waking up will never get easier.

This weekend we don’t have much on the go aside from a birthday party for Liam and catching up on Suits and Scandal for me!

How was your week of workouts?
What are your weekend plans?

Kaella On The Run
    March 4, 2016 at 8:43 am

Nice job on your workouts!!! You still have 12+ weeks until Calgary so you should be fine as long as you start building your base in the next week or so. I know you want that 10K PR 😉

March 4, 2016 at 7:05 pm

Yes, I would like a PR this year but I’m also just there to have fun so its totally fine if I don’t get it. I’m hoping that with a good running watch this season, I can focus on improving speed a little more.

Kris @ Canadian Girl Runs
    March 4, 2016 at 9:03 am

Holy cow, your yoga pose is amazing. I need to start this ASAP.

March 4, 2016 at 7:04 pm

Thank you!! This one is more about shifting your balance than strength. Once you figure it out, it becomes so much easier to achieve!

March 4, 2016 at 9:14 am

Hope spin went good! The more mornings I am up early to workout the more I like it (though I am a morning person!).

March 4, 2016 at 7:04 pm

The more mornings I wake up early, the more I’m cranky because I’m tired hahaha. I so wish I could do it.

March 4, 2016 at 9:24 am

Nice job on the workouts this week! My chest was super sore from Body Pump. I get up at 5:30am for November Project and it’s not easy. I’m not a morning person at all. I have everything all together, so all I have to do is get dressed, make toast and get out the door. It definitely helps and feels great to have my workout done super early!

March 4, 2016 at 7:03 pm

I have mad props for people that wake up early to workout. I can’t do it unless I have someone counting on me to show up.

March 4, 2016 at 12:46 pm

Haha I just texted you after reading this, but how was spin?! And that yoga pose is amazing! Look how strong you are!

March 4, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Spin was ok once I got there but man I was cranky being away so early lol