Weekend Recap

February 8, 2016

I’m a bad blogger because I have zero photos from this weekend. Oops.

It was a very long day at work because after a week without Liam, I finally got to pick him up from day home at the end of the day. I was so excited to get there!

My mom was visiting too and stayed the night with us. We ordered Thai delivery and just hung out being silly all night. Liam was so wound up from all of the excitement, I could hardly get him to go to bed.

Saturday
Mom joined for Liam’s last swimming lesson of this round. He was still so wound out and hyper though, we could see him spitting water pretty much the entire class. Yeah, I have that kid, haha. Once swimming was over, mom was on her way. We were hanging out at home waiting for another pest control guy to come assess my pigeon problem we have on the balcony. Mary brought over coffee and treats from Dose (omigosh so good) and we had a great visit until lunch time.

I had wanted to take Liam skating but it was so windy in the afternoon, he wasn’t liking just walking to the car so we decided to go visit Cassandra instead. The kiddos all had fun playing together. It’s so nice that the boys went from not getting along very well to playing great together.

I had planned to go for groceries afterwards, but somebody fell asleep in the car before we got to the store. I managed to transfer him into his bed. #momwin. Instead of doing anything productive, I took advantage of the quiet time and curled up on the couch with my book. Once 5pm rolled around, I figured I’d get supper going and tried to wake Liam up. He was not interested in waking up at all. Thankfully once supper was on the table, he got up to eat. We spent the evening cuddled up watching Fern Gully on Netflix before bed. Then I continued the Netflixing with The Good Wife.

We woke up and got ready for the day. After a quick stop for coffee, we were on the road to my uncles house for lunch with the whole fam in celebration of my grandma’s 91 birthday! Liam had a blast with so many people to chase him around playing Spiderman and eating treats. We are lucky to have such a great extended family.

Again, I had hoped to get groceries when we were back in town, but it was already 5pm and I was exhausted. We came home to scrounge up supper and left grocery shopping for yet another day. Maybe third time’s a charm?

What did you get up to this weekend?

February 8, 2016 at 7:10 am

Saturday was crazy windy! I wouldn’t have wanted to get outside much either.

February 8, 2016 at 7:32 am

That wind was crazy! We wanted to go skating too but that was not happening lol.

February 8, 2016 at 8:32 pm

Haha yeah something makes me think that wind would not help kids stay up on skates lol

Jen @nutcaseinpoint
    February 8, 2016 at 8:11 am

Pigeons are the devil! Our neighbor has a couple of them that nest in their roof overhang and I can hear them all.the.time.

Fern gully is an awesome movie!

February 8, 2016 at 8:29 pm

They really are the worst. I made the mistake of keeping a nest because the babies hatched before I discovered it and now I can’t get rid of them.

February 8, 2016 at 9:26 am

Okay, tell me more about The Good Wife. I started watching it, but I feel like every episode is going to be the same so I’m hesitant to continue…

February 8, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Haha yeah you’re kind of right with the premise, but there’s some other stuff thrown in. It’s not something that has me all omigosh I need to watch more immediately but it’s pretty good throw on and blog at the same time 😉

February 8, 2016 at 9:48 am

The last 2 weekends go by so quickly and I feel like I get nothing done and so much done at the same time; finished another book, made a dent in Nashville, did my cooking prep for the week, and a little impulse shopping at Winners. Trying to enjoy downtime this week before a super busy weekend.

February 8, 2016 at 8:26 pm

I’m with you on the last two weekends going by too quickly! I have a short week and big weekend plans so I can’t wait!

February 8, 2016 at 1:25 pm

The wind was INSANE here this weekend!! Ahh Fern Gully is such a great movie – I haven’t seen it since I was young! Sully is on a huge Fox and the Hound kick right now lol. It amazes me how many times a toddler will watch the same movie over and over! I didn’t get groceries this past weekend either despite that being the plan. And I’m pretty sure I won’t be getting out today for them either, oops!

February 8, 2016 at 8:25 pm

Oh man, Fox and the Hound gets me in the feels. Haha, we’ve watched that a couple time. I LOVE that Inside Out is on Netflix now. I was going to buy that and The Lego Movie for Liam but now I don’t need to! And yes, I’ve seen Frozen far too many times.

Let me just tell you Superstore Click and Collect is my new favourite thing.