Weekend Recap

January 18, 2016

Weekends like this make me really not excited to write a weekend recap, because frankly, they’re not that interesting.

Friday was a stressful day after getting some crappy news. I picked Liam up from day home and we just snuggled up on the couch together before bed. I honestly barely remember what I did after Liam was in bed as my mind was racing.

Saturday
We were up and off to face the cold to go to swimming lessons. I ended up leaving Liam’s lesson early to meet Lindsey for a yoga class with Mackenzie Miller. I was excited for the opportunity to take a class with a big name yogi, until halfway through when I was getting my asana kicked. I looked at Lindsey and asked “Who’s idea was this?!”. Right, it was mine. In the end, I enjoyed the challenge and the class and hope that I will be able to sneak in another class with Mackenzie while she’s in town.

I went home to refuel and ended up spending some time making a few tweaks to the blog before heading out to run the usual weekend errands. Exciting right? It gets better. I came home to clean before watching The Revenant, enjoying a bubble bath and my book and heading to bed.

With windchill hovering just about -30, I opted for the Cycle & Restore class at My Revolution rather than Sunday Runday. I walked out a sweaty, hungry mess. An epic omelet and a giant mug of coffee was in order before settling in to another bubble bath. I finished reading Yes Please, by Amy Poehler, which I really really loved and highly recommend if you haven’t read it yet.

I decided to opt out of travelling to my parents place for the afternoon which meant I had a free afternoon to catch up on The Good Wife, some blog work and meal prep. I was hit with some writers block, so my afternoon of writing wasn’t as productive as I’d hoped.

Liam ended up staying with his dad, leaving me to my own devices for the rest of the evening. That wraps up a pretty low-key weekend.

What did you get up to this weekend?

January 18, 2016 at 7:16 am

Good call on skipping the outdoor run, way too cold for that!

January 18, 2016 at 7:54 pm

Yeah -20 is my limit. No way I was going out in that!

Kris @ Canadian Girl Runs
    January 18, 2016 at 8:27 am

Yay for spin and cycling indoors when it is unbelievably cold out!! I hope the news gets better this week. 🙁

January 18, 2016 at 7:54 pm

Thanks friend. <3

January 18, 2016 at 10:12 am

thanks for inviting me! It was a great class and it challenged me to move fast and not fall over! I hope you have a good week, no bad news!
    We should do lunch soon – meant to ask Sat and forgot!

January 18, 2016 at 7:54 pm

Yes! Lunch would be great. Let me know what works for you.

January 18, 2016 at 10:40 am

Sorry to hear that you got some crappy news- hope everything is okay! Is the spin place new in Red Deer?

January 18, 2016 at 7:55 pm

It’s newish. Opened in the summer!

January 18, 2016 at 11:33 am

So cold here too yesterday. And so so cold this morning. Ugh.
    Thinking about you – hope the crappy news doesn’t affect your week too much.
    Always happy to hear when you get to have a nice, relaxing weekend full of your TV crush.

January 18, 2016 at 7:55 pm

Ah Cory. Always brightening my day with that sultry voice of his

January 18, 2016 at 11:43 am

Oddly enough, it was -3482934C in Calgary yesterday, but when I got home to the mountains, it was +5! ??

I wish you could join us for the retreat this weekend!

January 18, 2016 at 7:55 pm

I’m so bummed I can’t make the retreat. Let’s plan one for Red Deer lol

January 18, 2016 at 12:49 pm

I’m sorry your weekend started out on such a bad note 🙁 I love that you take so many bubble baths…I always feel too rushed to take one, or that it’s not the right time of day. I definitely need to learn to embrace them more often! Is it nice out today? It feels like springtime here!

January 18, 2016 at 7:56 pm

I never used to like baths until it was my only escape when Layne lived here. It’s still an escape for me, even when there’s no one to escape from.

It was much warmer today!!

jen @nutcaseinpoint
    January 18, 2016 at 1:47 pm

Hope everything’s ok. Sometimes I’m glad for a super cold day- forces you to get stuff done around the house (and by ‘done’ I really mean Netflix binge) 🙂

January 18, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Haha yeah, if I had someone to help me with home improvement projects, I totally could have accomplished a ton. Instead it was Netflix all day long.

Kaella On The Run
    January 18, 2016 at 2:21 pm

I’m sorry about the crappy news. Hopefully, it’ll end up being for the best in the long run! I need to take a bubble bath again soon. They really are so relaxing (but it makes me miss the Jacuzzi tub we had in our old place….)

January 18, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Bubble baths are the best indulgences. I love treating myself to Lush bubble bars and just settling in with my book.

Sara
    January 18, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Hope everything is alright, bad news is a terrible way to start off a weekend, especially one as chilly as this past one was. You totally made the right calls to be as cozy and comfy as possible this weekend. And at least you still got out to yoga and a spin class, that’s one of my favourite ways to warm up on a cold day.

Nicole
    January 19, 2016 at 2:52 pm

Sorry to hear you got crappy news. Hate when something ruins your day.

That must have been an intense yoga class! I need to find a yoga class to go to at lunch.

Good call on switching spin for a run! -30 is no joke!