Weekend Recap

January 11, 2016

Anyone else feel like this weekend went by way too quickly?

Pretty tame evening in our house. Liam was being a big goof all night. Once he was in bed I watched a couple episodes of The Good Wife (finished season 2) and crawled into bed to read. I finished Furiously Happy and started Yes Please (PS I’ll be back this week to talk about some of my recent reads, so if you’re a book nerd, stay tuned).

Saturday
Liam started another round of swimming lessons and he did so much better than previous classes! It made me very happy that he was having fun, participating and listening to his teacher. I hope the rest of the lessons go as well. I took him to Starbucks for a cake pop to reward him after and then we were off to meet his buddy Caden at the Build a Bear workshop.

Build a Bear

We had some lunch at the mall and then went back to their place to let the boys play before I had to take Liam to his dads.

With the temps close to -30°C yesterday, I decided to curl up under a blanket for more Netflix and reading rather than venturing out into the cold.

Up early for the usual Sunday run. Instead of coming home to warm up in the tub, I was off to a friends place for brunch and long overdue visit. I stayed and drank far more coffee than I should have before succumbing to my afternoon of grocery shopping, laundry and house cleaning. Between loads of laundry, and meal prep, I did some blog work and enjoyed a well deserved beer before Liam came home.

And just like that, the weekend was over.

Tell me what the highlight of your weekend was?

January 11, 2016 at 7:13 am

How was build a bear? I’ve always wanted to take my nieces there but wasn’t sure if it was worth the cost.

January 11, 2016 at 7:37 am

I think if it’s a special occasion it’s worth it. Liam’s pup was $50 with an outfit but he absolutely loved the process of getting to stuff it, put in the heart, and fluff him up in the bathtub. It was really cute.

jen @nutcaseinpoint
    January 11, 2016 at 8:07 am

Holy crap that’s expensive for build a bear! I did it in college with friends and I think it was $15? But we only put shirts on ours…
    Glad he likes his swimming!!

January 11, 2016 at 6:43 pm

Yeah it’s about $30-40 bucks for just the bear itself. Then the outfits. Liam’s pup was $37 I think plus a $10 outfit haha. he had a gift card for the exact amount.

January 11, 2016 at 8:47 am

After a super busy workday Friday (what the heck??) I was all too ready for a relaxing weekend. A bit of cooking, a bit of grocery shopping, a lot of reading (finished After You) and Netflixing (finished White Collar and will not spoil anything for you).

January 11, 2016 at 6:30 pm

Haha, I’m not worried about future spoilers!

Sounds like a perfect weekend!

January 11, 2016 at 10:26 am

It was SO cold this weekend, then yesterday I wanted out in the afternoon but A was not having it so we stayed inside! Awesome to hear swimming is going better this time!

January 11, 2016 at 6:30 pm

I’m actually super thankful for the cold to hopefully kill off some of those lingering viruses going around. The cold is a good excuse to stay home and stay cozy.

I was amazed at how well he did swimming this time. There’s a new difficult kid that screamed in the instructors face and refused to get in the pool the whole class haha

January 11, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Aw Liam is so cute with his “bear” (is that one of the dogs from Paw Patrol??)

I can’t believe how cold it was this weekend! We didn’t even leave the house on Saturday. Obviously, my highlight was bra shopping! Haha 😉

January 11, 2016 at 6:29 pm

Yes, it’s Chase from Paw Patrol. It’s really not a surprise that was what he chose.