What I’m Loving – January

January 6, 2016

How is everyone’s first week of the year going? I have to admit, I haven’t been hit with the motivation stick yet and have been slow getting back on the workout wagon since the holidays.

11289739_10155620955415587_310916021_n

Before I get into what I’m loving lately, I wanted to share my evening with Liam. He was super whiny when I picked him up from the day home so I assumed that would be the theme of the evening. However, we got home and eat ate all of his dinner without stalling or complaining, then asked for more broccoli. He rarely eats dinner so this was amazing. Then he asked to make muffins together, and while he was stirring the batter with one hand, he put his other arm around me and put his head on my shoulder. He looked up at me and smiled, melting my heart. Once the muffins went into the oven, he said he was going to wash the dishes. That is the biggest thing I’m loving right now. <3

FullSizeRender 17

Bumble and Bumble’s Heat/UV Protective Primer – I got this in my stocking which was convenient since I just ran out of my regular heat protectant. This stuff smells like a dream. Needless to say, I probably won’t be going back to my old product.

No-heat curls – I attempted this on NYE, wrapping slightly damp hair around a thick headband and letting it dry. I was super impressed with how easy it is and how perfect the curls turn out to be. Needless to say, I may be wearing my hair curled more frequently.

Truffle oil wings – I’m basically addicted to truffle anything. I had these wings at Heritage Ranch after a night of snowshoeing. I can’t wait to do it all over again! PS. If you’re local, check out Pursuit Adventures for snowshoeing adventures. I highly recommend their Snowshoe in the City on Tuesday nights!

Furiously Happy – my current read. I’m loving it. Stay tuned because Brie gave me a grand idea of doing a mini recap of what I’ve been reading lately.

What I'm Loving January

Anyone else feeling like this…

This Young Single Father Becomes a Source of Inspiration For Parents Across The World

What It Takes to Raise Good Kids

New Grocery Store Lets You Buy Health Food For the Price of Fast Food – I think this is an amazing idea, healthy food should be accessible to everyone.

Tell me something you’re loving lately?

January 6, 2016 at 6:49 am

I’ve heard good things about Furiously happy, I’ll add it to my reading list for sure.

January 6, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Yes, I recommend that you do!

Jen @nutcaseinpoint
    January 6, 2016 at 8:51 am

I have a couple bumble products and love them! I’m sure I’ll be wrangled into buying another at my next hair appt- which is LONG overdue. Does Liam wanna come over and wash our dishes??

January 6, 2016 at 8:17 pm

I think I’m turning into a B&B snob because everything I try from them I love and I don’t think I’ll go back to any other products now.

Haha, you don’t want Liam to actually wash your dishes. He mostly just swished water around for awhile, I still had to go wash them all after he went to bed.

January 6, 2016 at 9:29 am

Ooh I want to try that primer now! I’m bad about protecting my hair, but I do love B&B products. That story with Liam is so sweet!! And Jim showed me that Adele parody video the other night and we could not stop laughing, haha!

January 6, 2016 at 8:16 pm

Where’s that sweet kid every day??? Haha.

I laughed so hard at the parody video too. Seriously, it’s so true.

January 6, 2016 at 9:59 am

Oh Liam, you little heartbreaker! That is too sweet.

Loving: microwave milk foam for at home lattes, white collar, the 3 sunny days in a row we’ve had (practically a record for winter in southern ontario), arkells, candles, slow work days that let me ease into january, and thinking about decorating.

January 6, 2016 at 8:15 pm

This comment reminds me that I’m going to be very sad when my Target candles are all gone.

Janelle
    January 6, 2016 at 10:03 am

I’m currently reading furiously happy and never have laughed so much haha, and never have a related so much to an author before. It’s an excellent read!

January 6, 2016 at 8:14 pm

That’s fantastic! Laughing is so good for the soul!

January 6, 2016 at 10:27 am

I NEED that hair primer. My hair is so fried from transitioning from platinum hair back to my natural color. Plus flat iron abuse.

I love truffle anything too. It makes me super burpy and gross after but I don’t care. There are these amazing smoked sea salt and trufflefries at my work that I’m pretty obsessed with. HEART EYES

January 6, 2016 at 8:14 pm

YES! Good heat protector is key. I got in trouble from my stylist for not using one. I was using Chi before but this one smells WAY better.

MMMMMMM I want truffle fries now. GIMME. I should probably find truffle oil sometime.

laura @ scribbles and sass
    January 6, 2016 at 10:50 am

Liam is just the sweetest little boy. good for you, mama.

i got new seaweed face cream from body shop and i’m really loving that.

January 6, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Oooh seaweed face cream is intriguing!

January 6, 2016 at 11:52 am

That is so precious with Liam!! I want to look into that book now 🙂 I am excited that you are joining book club!

January 6, 2016 at 8:11 pm

I wish he could be that sweet every single day, haha.

I’m excited too! Yay book nerds!

January 6, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Liam is just too cute! I’m going to get my hair done this weekend, so may have to check that product out. Not that I need to add to my huge collection but whatever 🙂

January 8, 2016 at 1:45 pm

Aw Liam. That is adorable! What an awesome night. I LOVE your curls!! I am getting my hair done this weekend and I need it SO badly. I may have to look into that product. The stuff I used to use is now $48 – I am pretty sure they jacked the price on me so it’s now off my list!

January 8, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Holy smokes!! I hope a bottle of that at least lasts a long time!

Amber
    January 10, 2016 at 8:56 pm

That is soooo sweet about Liam! What a little charmer. I am loving evenings on the couch reading and drinking tea. I’m also actually kind of loving not eating ALL the food and drinking ALL the alcohol because I was feeling pretty crappy by the end of December. Cleaning up my eating has felt good! I’m sure it will only last for a couple more weeks though haha.