Community Reviews

Decorating For The Holidays

December 16, 2015

December 1 marks the first acceptable day to put up holiday decorations in my mind. This year I was extra excited for the first to roll around because I had some new decorations to add to the tree thanks to the Canadian Blogger Ornament exchange, as well as some new holiday prints to spruce up the condo thanks to Retrospect Design.

This year Brie and I were paired up for the ornament exchange, which made me super excited since I knew exactly what to get her. I was even more excited when I opened the cute package she sent for Liam and I. Along with two adorable decorations, she included a hot chocolate kit and a book for Liam. Thanks again, Brie!

2015OrnamentExchange

Earlier this year, I had some custom birthday invitations made up by Taren at Retrospect Design (who happens to be an old college friend of mine). They turned out so perfect and Liam LOVED them which made handing them out to his friends even more exciting. I was thrilled when she offered to send some Christmas prints for both Liam and I to add to our holiday decorations this year.

Retrospect Christmas Prints

Liam was so excited that he got to have his own Christmas lights in his room and I think he wanted to hug his Batman print more than a few nights before bed. I’d say that’s a win. He also gets excited to see the Santa print hanging with our Christmas cards. Either he’s easily excitable or just easy to please, either way the Christmas decorations have been a hit this year.

Taren has tons more pre-made designs ready for the holidays so be sure to head over to Facebook and check out what there is. With just over a week until Christmas, you have still have time!

If you’re looking for something other than Christmas prints or something specific, there are tons of options to choose from as well as custom design available. She does a fantastic job of turning your ideas into just what you’re looking for and I know I’ll be knocking on her virtual door for more party invitations next year.

You can find more of Retrospect Design on Twitter and Instagram.

December 16, 2015 at 8:01 am

Oh I love those prints, they are so cute!

December 16, 2015 at 8:52 am

Oh these are super cute! You know so many talented people! 🙂 I’ve never thought to decorate with prints before this year…but I really like the element it adds (I framed a Christmas card for my mantle this year). Hope Liam likes the book – it’s one of my favourites 🙂

December 16, 2015 at 7:59 pm

Oh that’s a super cute idea too!

Liam DOES love the book. We’ve read it almost every night since we opened it haha

December 16, 2015 at 9:11 am

It looks so great! My tree is in storage but it’s only 4 feet and pretty sparse through the middle. I can’t wait to get an actual, normal sized tree one of these years. There’s a $25 tree lot down the road (of course there is when you live in the country) and they have wee real trees. I actually really want one cause they’re fat and short and smell amazing – but I don’t have any of the right things to care for it…..and I’m really good at killing plants.

December 16, 2015 at 7:49 pm

I wouldn’t have the first clue how to care for a real tree. My family always had artificial growing up. I’m so happy that I got my cute little tree on mega sale when Target still existed.Sigh

December 16, 2015 at 9:52 am

I love those prints! I follow her on IG and she is very talented!

Heather
    December 16, 2015 at 10:21 am

Those prints are adorable! I have a tree up but I would like to slowly start accumulating some more non-tree holiday decor…

December 16, 2015 at 7:48 pm

Yes me too. I find it hard to buy new decor at Christmas because I’m spending money on other things but slowly I’m collecting new things.

Jen@jpabstfitness
    December 16, 2015 at 1:05 pm

Love your decorations!

December 16, 2015 at 7:47 pm

Thanks! It’s simple but I love it!

December 16, 2015 at 9:13 pm

Those prints are so fun! I spy our Christmas card…love that you hung it up 🙂

jen @nutcaseinpoint
    December 16, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Love the prints! I didn’t buy any new decorations this year- Tyler did buy more outdoor lights though. I will have to up my game next year!

Kaella On The Run
    December 17, 2015 at 2:25 pm

Your place looks great! Those prints are adorable:)

December 23, 2015 at 2:46 pm

Those prints are so cute. LOVE the batman one! Your place looks so great and cozy! I love decorating for the holidays!

December 28, 2015 at 1:10 pm

I wish I could afford to totally redecorate my house for Christmas. There’s so much awesome decor out there and definitely not enough money haha.